Discuss Water Pressure & Shower Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SirRawlins

Hello Guys,

I've got a shower mixer tap attached to the bath, and I have a couple of issues with it, which may both be related.

Firstly, the general water pressure isn't great, it runs perfectly smoothly, but it's not what you would call particularly vigorous.

The second issue is that the pull-plunger mechanism which switches the tap flow to the shower-head doesn't seem to stay fully open so you only ever get 50% of the water flow through the shower, the rest continues through the tap. I understand this issue may be related to the water pressure.

I've create a short video to help explain the issue.

youtube.com [forward slash] watch?v=rSa_TS70GMI

Any advice on solving this would be a great help.

Thanks,

Robert

Hello Robert.
has the shower always worked like described or has it deteriorated over time?
what is the water supply to the shower, combi boiler? gravity fed? pumped? mixed pressures?

As above really. I would guess its related to the pressure. It needs a certain amounts to keep the valve open. Try putting your shower head in the bath and trying it again. See if that works. If the valve stays up then its a pressure issue. Buy a new tap mate.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response. It's always been pretty poor to be honest, certainly as far as I remember.

I'm not completely sure on the system we have, I can tell you this however:

1. We have a gas boiler downstairs.
2. Downstairs we also have a hot water tank, which I believe has an immersion heater in it, although only used as a backup.
3. The bathroom is upstairs.
4. In the loft there is another water tank of one form or another.

I agree that it might be a water pressure issue - The cold water pressure seems stronger than the warm.

Thanks for any advice.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Pressure & Shower Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock