Search the forum,

Discuss Water Mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CovMartin

Hi, I need to replace the lead pipes with copper within the house, a little confused as I have like a hose pipe (but more rigid) from the stopcock, which then connects back into the lead.

I think it's a 22mm compression straight, which sits half in the stopcock and the other connects onto the hose pipe type thing. I think it would be best to connect here??

The stopcock is passing and I can't find the one out in the road and the neighbours don't know where it is either.

I need to know what fitting I need to take it into copper.

It won't let me post a picture as I'm new.

I am not sure, but sounds like somebody has connected in above the stopcock at some time.
You are better with it all ripped out. Contact your local water authority as they may replace the lead mains to your property, if you do the pipe inside your land. It's really just the hard & time consuming work of digging as a new pipe is peanuts. I personally would do any work to get rid of even a small length of lead pipe. Lead pipe is regarded as hazardous nowadays. You cannot solder on to lead mains anymore because you introduce lead to drinking water, but you can use a fitting for lead like Philmac. Lead pipework is usually close to, or well beyond 100 years old. It's had its day.
At the very least I would take a new blue 25mm water mains to just outside if possible & even in a different position if there is a better one for the new stopcock. That way you can dig through the wall etc, while still having water on until you are ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question, I want my flat to be separately connected to the mains water supply for water coming into my kitchen and bathroom instead of sharing the same pipework as my neighbours. Is this doable and if so is it the water board who will carry this out or a plumber? My flat has shared...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock