Discuss Water Flowing from sink when toilet Flushed??? Please HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys,

i got this problem with my customer's toilet, when they flush their toilet there is water coming out of their sink. It's the same problem with their neighbour who lives above him. Its an aparftment.

I suspect there is some kind of blockage in their stack system but what is your say on this fellas?

Do we need some kind of a Air Inlet Valve?

I havnt been to the job yet im just explaining as i have been told by my client.
He says i will have to access the pipes which are behind the plastere board as there is a leak there too.

Thanks

When you say running from the sink, do you mean the trap is being syphoned? If so, it sounds like a lack of air getting into the system and therefore likely to be a blockage in the vent pipe.

How long has it been happening? is this a recent development, happening a long time, progressively getting worse. How long have they both lived there? Have they had this problem before, what was the previous answer if it has happened before.

Best thing to do is pop along with an open mind and most of these problems are easily solved. Just ask a lot of questions....

Its probably a blockage if its only just happened

Try rodding out the stack and back through the bottom bend via the bottom inspection chamber.

Has it has always been the case and not just a recent problem?

If water is being sucked out of the trap and down the waste pipe and the problem has always been there, replace the basin trap with an anti syphon trap. If water is being pushed into the basin, you need to look a bit more deeply as it is probably bad design.

Thanks for the tips guys. I havnt received a call from him to ask me to check the problem out yet.
As soon as i come to know about the problem i will update you.
thanks

If no blockage try an anti vac trap , if reading this right you got bit of syphonage going on easily remedied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Flowing from sink when toilet Flushed??? Please HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock