Search the forum,

Discuss Waste Carriers Licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How many of you have this? Just about to apply, so I can get an 1100L bin to put in my garage to get collected when full. £15 each collection.

I got mine last week. Had an interesting chat with the Environment Agency - basically if you mainly carry offcuts of pipe/old boilers etc FROM YOUR OWN JOBS, you can get away with a lower tier licence which is free.

If you take anything produced by anyone else, or if you have products of "demolition" which includes old bathroom suites, tiles, plasterboard then you need upper tier, £150/three years.

So if you get a skip every time you do a bathroom, you don't have to pay for a waste carrier's licence.

Ahh thanks Masood. I better up it to the next tier then!

Yep I've got the second tier (£150) never been stopped but not willing to gamble on it.

Going to phone EA tomorrow rather than down a tree and fill in the ream of a form!

Yep I've got the second tier (£150) never been stopped but not willing to gamble on it.
What will they do?

tbh , if they look in the back of my van at the moment. They would be confused.
looks like ****, but it all tools and fittings!

I had one years ago. Its ran out now tho.
Im sure mine ran fir 5 years and not 3.
They must have changed it....
the beeky chuggars..

Just had to renew at £105, dunno if that's for 3 or 5 years but I paid £150 ish for the first 3.....

Here's an idea that works well, when you've finished piling all the rubbish up outside. Take a pic, go on facebook on the buying n selling pages, post the pic and put underneath, I will pay £30 to have this lot removed asap....theres always someone out there who will shift rubbish. We did this today and someone with a waste license is calling tomorrow to move the whole lot...job done.

How many people can you have on one licence? Can we get a ukplumbers forum licence.

Here's an idea that works well, when you've finished piling all the rubbish up outside. Take a pic, go on facebook on the buying n selling pages, post the pic and put underneath, I will pay £30 to have this lot removed asap....theres always someone out there who will shift rubbish. We did this today and someone with a waste license is calling tomorrow to move the whole lot...job done.
Now this sort of thing worries me, coming from an area that regularly see's fly tipping from obvious house clearance and trade waste. There are always people posting for who can clear this and how much to move that on local Facebook pages and the result I'm sure what I see dumped on verges side lanes and walking areas during the dead of night. Please if you use this route then ask to see the waste licence and get a receipt. Because when I find fly tipped waste I search for names and addresses as evidence to photograph. I'm a pretty free going individual but this subject gets right to me.

Now this sort of thing worries me, coming from an area that regularly see's fly tipping from obvious house clearance and trade waste. There are always people posting for who can clear this and how much to move that on local Facebook pages and the result I'm sure what I see dumped on verges side lanes and walking areas during the dead of night. Please if you use this route then ask to see the waste licence and get a receipt. Because when I find fly tipped waste I search for names and addresses as evidence to photograph. I'm a pretty free going individual but this subject gets right to me.

What is there to worry about, we advertised **** for shifting and a valid waste carrier has picked it up. Nowhere did I imply that we would let just anyone take it and fly tip it in the nearest field or back alley.
Sounds like you need to get a life, sifting through fly tipped waste for names and addresses...whats all that about ??? Are you the Gestapo or what ??

I might try that. Was just about to get a skip fir 150 sheets to get rid of about five bogs 3 baths 3 basins and several rubble bags full of broken tiles which are currently on my drive.

[emoji38]

What is there to worry about, we advertised **** for shifting and a valid waste carrier has picked it up. Nowhere did I imply that we would let just anyone take it and fly tip it in the nearest field or back alley.
Sounds like you need to get a life, sifting through fly tipped waste for names and addresses...whats all that about ??? Are you the Gestapo or what ??

Its a fact it is annoying to see rubbish dumped - but im sure if it is reported to the powers then they will investigate.

It is also reasonable to advertise to get rubbish removed cheaply as a man in a van can do it less than a skip co with a 7 mpg wagon.
I cant see a problem if its all above board.

Fact is a bloke with a pickup can tip it for 60 quidish legally.
Perhaps do half a dozen to a dozen small jobs and still make a honest days living all above board.

Carpet fitters were in my gaff , did loft and stairs.... Two blokes 5 hours ..... £120. Left rubbish .... £50 to get rid or trip to tip

Rubbish lad earns more than fitters!!!!

I never bothered, always told the scrappys they could have the boiler rads etc as long as they took the rubbish........... never left anything incriminating in there though just in case. just had to buy one as its a requirement of the contract im on, £150 what a rip off

so I fit the odd bathroom. most of my waste I take to be weighed and get paid. So what use is the licence to me? Is there any local location I can go, show licence and dump my bath tubs, basins etc? If not, then I fail to see the benefit of the licence.

so I fit the odd bathroom. most of my waste I take to be weighed and get paid. So what use is the licence to me? Is there any local location I can go, show licence and dump my bath tubs, basins etc? If not, then I fail to see the benefit of the licence.

if you get stopped whilst taking your waste to be weighed in, you could be fined if you don't have a waste carrier's license. That's the benefit to you. There have been quite a lot of stop and searches in my area recently so I got one. You decide what level of risk you want. Given that you can get away with a FREE lower tier one which takes literally two minutes to apply for online, it's a no-brained to me...

Anyone who doesn't get one now, is asking for trouble. Masood will say: ''I told you so'':)

Nah, I wasn't planning on getting one until they started random stops recently. Then I found out we could get free ones, happy days! Just wanted to share the joy - I didn't even know there were two tiers until a few days ago!

If anyone wants more clarification I have the contact details of the lady in the waste carrier licence team of the Environment Agency...

They can tripe the licence fee for all I care:). I have their confirmation saying my registration lasts a lifetime. So they ain't getting naught from muggins here.
To be honest, I had been planning on getting one from when my customer reported me for drinking in van. Van was searched and I thought before long, I will be done for not having a licence! Now I've got one. Happy days

Nah, I wasn't planning on getting one until they started random stops recently. Then I found out we could get free ones, happy days! Just wanted to share the joy - I didn't even know there were two tiers until a few days ago!

If anyone wants more clarification I have the contact details of the lady in the waste carrier licence team of the Environment Agency...
There will be more than 2 tiers(tears) if you get a £5K fine!

if you get stopped whilst taking your waste to be weighed in, you could be fined if you don't have a waste carrier's license. That's the benefit to you. There have been quite a lot of stop and searches in my area recently so I got one. You decide what level of risk you want. Given that you can get away with a FREE lower tier one which takes literally two minutes to apply for online, it's a no-brained to me...

I did it a few weeks back and looked at the 2 tiers and decided to go for the higher one out of the 2. I don't want to get fined for carrying something I'm not allowed to.

But what is building and demolition waste? If I carry an empty bag of sand and cement and a bit of rubble would that be classed building waste? If you meet a jobs worth will they get you for it. For £51.33 a year I would rather pay it and have peace of mind.

average fine is only 250

Why pay £250 when you could pay £154 and that will last 3 years. Also you would still have to pay the £154 after anyway as once they get you once they will have your van marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste Carriers Licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock