Discuss Waste Carriers Licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How many of you have this? Just about to apply, so I can get an 1100L bin to put in my garage to get collected when full. £15 each collection.

I got mine last week. Had an interesting chat with the Environment Agency - basically if you mainly carry offcuts of pipe/old boilers etc FROM YOUR OWN JOBS, you can get away with a lower tier licence which is free.

If you take anything produced by anyone else, or if you have products of "demolition" which includes old bathroom suites, tiles, plasterboard then you need upper tier, £150/three years.

So if you get a skip every time you do a bathroom, you don't have to pay for a waste carrier's licence.

Going to phone EA tomorrow rather than down a tree and fill in the ream of a form!

I had one years ago. Its ran out now tho.
Im sure mine ran fir 5 years and not 3.
They must have changed it....
the beeky chuggars..

Here's an idea that works well, when you've finished piling all the rubbish up outside. Take a pic, go on facebook on the buying n selling pages, post the pic and put underneath, I will pay £30 to have this lot removed asap....theres always someone out there who will shift rubbish. We did this today and someone with a waste license is calling tomorrow to move the whole lot...job done.

Here's an idea that works well, when you've finished piling all the rubbish up outside. Take a pic, go on facebook on the buying n selling pages, post the pic and put underneath, I will pay £30 to have this lot removed asap....theres always someone out there who will shift rubbish. We did this today and someone with a waste license is calling tomorrow to move the whole lot...job done.
Now this sort of thing worries me, coming from an area that regularly see's fly tipping from obvious house clearance and trade waste. There are always people posting for who can clear this and how much to move that on local Facebook pages and the result I'm sure what I see dumped on verges side lanes and walking areas during the dead of night. Please if you use this route then ask to see the waste licence and get a receipt. Because when I find fly tipped waste I search for names and addresses as evidence to photograph. I'm a pretty free going individual but this subject gets right to me.

Now this sort of thing worries me, coming from an area that regularly see's fly tipping from obvious house clearance and trade waste. There are always people posting for who can clear this and how much to move that on local Facebook pages and the result I'm sure what I see dumped on verges side lanes and walking areas during the dead of night. Please if you use this route then ask to see the waste licence and get a receipt. Because when I find fly tipped waste I search for names and addresses as evidence to photograph. I'm a pretty free going individual but this subject gets right to me.

What is there to worry about, we advertised **** for shifting and a valid waste carrier has picked it up. Nowhere did I imply that we would let just anyone take it and fly tip it in the nearest field or back alley.
Sounds like you need to get a life, sifting through fly tipped waste for names and addresses...whats all that about ??? Are you the Gestapo or what ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste Carriers Licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back