Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Waste carriers licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
As in the title, do you have one?

I take little to the dump, maybe 10 times a year, 75% green waste if I do a garden.

Any thoughts?

no, 4 yard skip is £130, so it goes on estimate. I only need a skip for bathrooms, it'd cost more in runs to tip diesel time and price of dumping the stuff

If you have a van and get pulled for DoT inspection, they will see you are a plumber,
question, what do you do with your waste?
why are you not carrying a waste transfer license?
please go to the next station where you will be given paperwork and a fine.
even scrap is waste.

Last edited:
I bought one, god knows how they caught up with me, they actually rang me. (I might plead ignorant and have a memory lapse when it runs out)

At the time they rang me there was a lot of VOSA road blocks going on round here and it was one thing they were checking for.

They had something in plumbing and heating monthly a few months back that said you did not require one if its your rubbish you've created in your daily job. I'm sure others will comment on this.

They had something in plumbing and heating monthly a few months back that said you did not require one if its your rubbish you've created in your daily job. I'm sure others will comment on this.

Think this is when you do need one

We don't carry waste . It's a product of out work . We only do jobs to harvest old boilers and cardboard. They are not waste but extracted resources for processes sing

no copper I take to the scrappie is waste, its valuable!

Doesn't matter what you call it, you all need one. It's £50 a year so not as if it's breaking the bank.

I have no intention of getting one. The EA can jog the F on! When they stop flooding and flytipping and scrap men then yeh sign me up.

If you throw as much as a Gregs bag in the back of your van it is classed as trade waste. Make your decision to spend under a pound a week or take the risk of a 5K fine. Such is the world we live in where we pay our licence fee, then ship our shyte to Africa out of sight out of mind, so the weans there have something to burn and can make 10p a day scavaging. It is a sick world we live in!

I have no intention of getting one. The EA can jog the F on! When they stop flooding and flytipping and scrap men then yeh sign me up.
You might change your tune if you ever get pulled over with the pri cks on a mission (they are everywhere) and get a severe dunt to your bank book but the choice is yours.

best thing about our local scrap yard is you can see inside it before you go near and spot the blighters waiting for you. The other great thing in our area is where they do the road checks at a big layby, you can see from both directions they are waiting and take a turn off before you get to them. So far I have taken the country route home whenever they are stopping folks :)

This is where it gets farcical. This is purely anecdotal but apparently you can't leave your waste with a customer.
"I can confirm that we did receive your previous letter and my letter was sent on the 18/08/09 in response to this. I can also acknowledge that i did receive the 3 copies of invoices supplied to you by .....' clearances, however this is not a valid waste transfer note.

I note that you have made arrangements with ........ clearances to collect your controlled waste and having made enquiries with both the company and the Environment Agency, that these are suitable providing that the waste is fully contained at all times within the described brick outhouse at your own property. However, I must request that you obtain and keep, for a minimum of 2 years, all waste transfer notes relating to waste collected from you by this company. These arrangements must fully comply with the Duty of Care in accordance with section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

I also note that you leave old and faulty heating system parts with your customers as proof that you have completed the work as agreed. I can understand the reason behind this, however I don't agree that these parts belong to your customers. The reason for this being that you, in your expertise, decide which parts are faulty etc and need replacing. At this stage they are still part of the heating system and therefore still are in use and not waste. Once the decision to remove is made by you and subsequently removed f, the part is then no longer in use and becomes waste. This waste is controlled waste produced through your business and it is your responsibility to dispose of in a legal manner. By leaving this waste with your customers as you currently do, you are breaching your Duty of Care because your are effectively transferring controlled waste to your customers to dispose of without them being allowed to do so and also as no waste transfer note is obtained. Also, if this waste is placed into the customers' domestic waste bin, which is highly likely, then technically an offence is being committed under the illegal deposit of waste (commonly known as fly tipping, however there is much more to this offence than simply taking waste down a country lane and dumping it) in contravention of section 33 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and this is punishable through magistrates. I hope now you can appreciate this and cease carrying out this practice immediately.

In relation to the section 47 Notice served, this was as a result of the issue being highlighted that you had no real means of legal disposal in place except for using .......... clearances on limited occasions. You are more than welcome to lodge an appeal against this notice through Leeds Magistrates Court and the details can be found at the bottom of the original notice. However, if you need further details then you can contact Leeds Magistrates direct on 0113 306 2800 or by letter at The Court House, 1 Oxford Row, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 3BG. Please note that there will be an administration charge payable to the courts for this. However, should you keep to the agreed arrangements with the containment of waste at your own property and disposal through Adams' clearances and all the appropriate documentation is kept as listed above, i will withdraw the s47 notice on this occasion. "

That's from another forum where members have contacted the EA for clarification. It's pathetic but i'm done taking a stand, it's just ****ing in the wind.

This is where it gets farcical. This is purely anecdotal but apparently you can't leave your waste with a customer.

That's from another forum where members have contacted the EA for clarification. It's pathetic but i'm done taking a stand, it's just ****ing in the wind.

another 'stealth' Tax from the arse holes that wear suits,have paid holidays sick pay,holiday pay,and generous pensions.Can we please drop out of Europe,close every mosque,tell America to do one.....and make Frank Bruno a leading MP...

I got stopped, the lad doing the waste transfer asked me to open the van doors, saw some scrap pipe, an old ball valve and syphon, asked for our waste transfer documents, luckily we are registered, however it appears that I should carry a copy in my vehicle as well.
lame, they use motorbike cops up here just in case you fail to see the officer point to you to pull in, and also the people doing a u turn,

I got one after being stopped.... Now I can carry my waste to where I want...can't go to tip as that costs as well...fly tip??????

another 'stealth' Tax from the arse holes that wear suits,have paid holidays sick pay,holiday pay,and generous pensions.Can we please drop out of Europe,close every mosque,tell America to do one.....and make Frank Bruno a leading MP...

What have mosques or America got to do with the EA charging us to carry waste in our vans?

What have mosques or America got to do with the EA charging us to carry waste in our vans?

because I am feeling like a rant,america does **** me off at times,and mosque's take up valuable chip shop space,and Frank Bruno should be prime minister

quote''
if this waste is placed into the customers' domestic waste bin, which is highly likely, then technically an offence is being committed under the illegal deposit of waste''

thats where they come unstuck because you can put virtually anything in your own bin that is not prohibited!. like i said its their property and they will have to arrange collection.

Will only be able to find out tomorrow, when I get to office, but will put it up ASAP.

This means you dont need the scrap brokers license, you still need the carriers license

I just registered as a lower tier licencee.

I only carry my own business waste.

Doesn't need renewing and FREE!!

You need the higher tier, did you go through the form to see which you need? I even phoned them to check.

Let's be honest. None of us fly tip most of us have sign written vans and handle wast correctly ie it goes in a skip or in an estate down the tip. Scrap is worth money so we certainly won't be dumping that down a country lane and yet it's scrap that they pick up on. Both the people pulled up by ea have been pulled up on a back of copper or a ball valve. Even nomadic caravan dwellers aren't going to tip that down a lane! So what's the point in this licence it's a tax on the people who handle their waste correctly to subsidise the local governments short comings in tracking the minority that do fly tip ie it pays to clean up others mess!

Besides when they open the van doors it's art I've just sold it to a gallery uptown I called it "the builder"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste carriers licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock