Discuss Waste carriers licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
As in the title, do you have one?

I take little to the dump, maybe 10 times a year, 75% green waste if I do a garden.

Any thoughts?

no, 4 yard skip is £130, so it goes on estimate. I only need a skip for bathrooms, it'd cost more in runs to tip diesel time and price of dumping the stuff

If you have a van and get pulled for DoT inspection, they will see you are a plumber,
question, what do you do with your waste?
why are you not carrying a waste transfer license?
please go to the next station where you will be given paperwork and a fine.
even scrap is waste.

Last edited:
I bought one, god knows how they caught up with me, they actually rang me. (I might plead ignorant and have a memory lapse when it runs out)

At the time they rang me there was a lot of VOSA road blocks going on round here and it was one thing they were checking for.

They had something in plumbing and heating monthly a few months back that said you did not require one if its your rubbish you've created in your daily job. I'm sure others will comment on this.

They had something in plumbing and heating monthly a few months back that said you did not require one if its your rubbish you've created in your daily job. I'm sure others will comment on this.

Think this is when you do need one

We don't carry waste . It's a product of out work . We only do jobs to harvest old boilers and cardboard. They are not waste but extracted resources for processes sing

I have no intention of getting one. The EA can jog the F on! When they stop flooding and flytipping and scrap men then yeh sign me up.

If you throw as much as a Gregs bag in the back of your van it is classed as trade waste. Make your decision to spend under a pound a week or take the risk of a 5K fine. Such is the world we live in where we pay our licence fee, then ship our shyte to Africa out of sight out of mind, so the weans there have something to burn and can make 10p a day scavaging. It is a sick world we live in!

I have no intention of getting one. The EA can jog the F on! When they stop flooding and flytipping and scrap men then yeh sign me up.
You might change your tune if you ever get pulled over with the pri cks on a mission (they are everywhere) and get a severe dunt to your bank book but the choice is yours.

best thing about our local scrap yard is you can see inside it before you go near and spot the blighters waiting for you. The other great thing in our area is where they do the road checks at a big layby, you can see from both directions they are waiting and take a turn off before you get to them. So far I have taken the country route home whenever they are stopping folks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste carriers licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back