Search the forum,

Discuss Van got done last night! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriestyUK

Gas Engineer
Fuming, bloody van got broken into last night in the Premier Inn carpark in Tewkesbury!

I came out this morning about 6:30 opened the sliding door to put my overnight bag in the back and thought F*CK me I left my van in a mess last night whilst packing up and then it dawned on me that I had been done, *******s ran sacked it.

Thank god someone up there was looking over me because for some reason I locked all my Hilti gear, hand tools and my expensive stuff that's all my own in a cleaners cupboard on the job because you never know a.

The things they did take were a Marcrist DDM2 core drill, a Bosch GBH4 Multi Drill and a Bosch 110v jigsaw.

Boss knows a people at a body shop company who have just welded it back up for now until he can get a new door sorted.

Not too fussed about the bits that have gone as they are company issue but things could have been a lot worse had my own gear been in the van, I have been on and on at him for ages to get them extra dead locks you can get. Think i will refuse to work away again unless he gets them fitted.

Priesty, have they just cut a section and peeled it back? Or is it where the key lock was, sorry not had big van for years.

Blimey, and that's why mine is not sign written!

Last edited:
sorry to hear that mate i feel your pain bloody */9874597*9/

and alpha not always the case

looks like tin snips or a grinder

As SC suggested I think they have made the 1st cut with a grinder then used tin snips to peel it back to get to the locking mechanism. Boss was like you couldn't have dead locked it but I deadlock it every time with out fail!

Ah dude. Sorry. Bloody toerags want bloody stringing up

I had deadlocks fitted, cost me ÂŁ400, they came to site and did it in 2 hours, that's for. Driver, passenger side and rear

sorry to hear that mate i feel your pain bloody */9874597*9/

and alpha not always the case

looks like tin snips or a grinder

It may not always be the case, unless it's locked up in a very secure garage/lock up, it's a mobile advert of what your carrying!

I see you live in Poole mate. I had my van done over in parkstone a few years back. My boss got deadlocks fitted for me the following day. Had a few attempts over the years but the deadlocks really make a difference. Put some more pressure on your boss to get those extra locks!

Hope you get your gear back!

Last edited:
Tricky, need to have your sign written to attract business....but that also advertises to all the toerags a van full of goodies.

Me, all black van, no sign writing... plebs think I'm from the mortuary

51edd8ea750ea1a2c6200ba8e2152507.jpg

The Bstards. Thats why my rear end has these fitted and an internal lock on side door with secondary toad alarm.

Hope they burn in hell

I had mine fitted with "15mm hard steel bolts", which are about 250mm long.. Its a bespoke installation done by my mechanic. With the press of a button on my keyring, the bolts shoot across between the doors and the van's chassis. This way even if they brake the original van's lock, the bolts will hold the doors closed from the inside. So they will have to spend a lot more time if they want to open the doors, so they will leave it and move to an easier target.
I had broken into twice. After the bolts, they tried but couldn't open the doors.

Pm me if you want my mechanics number, its down in London tough.

Best
Vin

My land rover got stolen yesterday. Its so annoying when these buggers steal someone's means of earning a living.

Sorry to hear that, what about your tools were they in it?

Some tools where but I take most out every night. So glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van got done last night! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all need a professional opinion, we live in a mid terrace house, previous neighbour has just moved but she had six dogs and house was disgusting so new owners have had it gutted and its currently being remodelled. My question is, I know houses when empty echo, but I can currently hear...
Replies
Views
Sorry to bother but in desperate need of advice, we've suffered with water hammer issues in our council property since 12th November 2018, I share a water line with both neighbours either side of me and the main Thames line is in the street right outside my house leads to another stop tap in my...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Anyone else had a bad experience with these? I bought one on the premise that one part fits most and stuck it in the van. Then, appalled that a spare diaphragm washer for it was expensive and rare, I decided against fitting it in any customer's house and it eventually ended up in my own toilet...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Sorry this is a long one. I'll try and keep it organised. Son has just moved into a purpose built (2013 ish) 4th floor apartment as a tenant. No gas in the building. Triple glazing. 1. The letting agent led him to believe that the electricity supply was on an Eco 7 meter. He didn't...
Replies
Views
A
Hi everyone, as the title says I'm looking at going self employed, I'm 31 and worked for 2 companies over the past 14 years so feel it's time for me to take control and be my own boss. Naturally I'm little nervous about what to expect and my biggest worry is keeping the work coming in. Most...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock