Discuss Vallaint Boiler whining noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chassy

My Vallaint ecoMax 622/e Boiler makes a loud whining noise (like rubbing the top of a glass) for 20-30 seconds when starting up and each time it demands for central heating or hot water. I told Vallaint Engineer on last Service visit but he did nothing about problem. It continues and I’m told it’s a common problem. It is driving us and our neighbours mad and wakes us all up early each morning. I turned to lowest Summer setting to resolve but Boiler does not heat water at all. Is this a heat exchanger problem - we had to have ours replaced already a few weeks after installation 4 years ago?

Faulty Heat Exchange or Crud/scale in system have been suggested. Any ideas of other possible causes? Someone said could be loose pipes but i really don't think so. Nosie deinitely coming from inside the boiler as I have put my ear to it when it occurs.

Make sure the burner gaskets are upto date [ graphite type].
Also the gas pressure & gas rate require checking.
I seem to think there's an issue with noise when under pressured/ rated.
Get back in touch with vailaint ask them about this & to revisit.

Get back to Valliant I had a similar problem, it turned out to be a PRV.. Good luck

Burner gaskets are up to date. Have been told that could be CO2 setting - is that gas ratio? Can i re-set myself?

Burner gaskets are up to date. Have been told that could be CO2 setting - is that gas ratio? Can i re-set myself?

no you cant you need to be conversant with a fga (flue gas anilizer) as said by other posters as you have a service contract get in touch with vailent

Thanks will contact Vallaint again. fyi don't have service contract with them they just service boiler annually one off fee but am considering SC with British Gas or similar whoever offers best deal for boilers/controls.

Problem solved. Vallaint engineer and fga analyser reset gas/air ratio. Mover boiler a yaer ago and engineer said new flue conditions meant had to change setting. HORRAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vallaint Boiler whining noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back