Discuss Vaillant robbing business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Wondering if any of you have experienced this?

we have fitted around 70 vaillants in the last 2 years and they ask the question when you call to register "will you be carting out future servicing"

we we always say yes so as far as I am concerned that means Vaillant shouldn't be sending my customers service contracts for future servicing on a boiler we fitted.

a customer infomed me that this has happened shortly after I registered the warranty.

i phoned to complain and was told there system shows it has not been sent and they were concerned as to why this happened and have requested a copy of the paperwork.

i am going to try and obtain a copy to send them but I think it's disgusting a boiler manufacturer is stealing engineers business who endorse there products.

i will not be fitting any more vaillants if this is the case and will move on to Worcesters or similar as long as they are not playing the same game.

heard alot about this and few friends in the business saying vaillant are sneaking in stealing customers. Bad form on their behalf .. get the evidence you need and get into em! robbing gits

It seems quite a few of the manufacturers are either pinching the work themselves or selling the information on.

I'm sure I won't have much effect on vaillants overall sales figures but if that's the case I'm going to find a manufacturer who doesn't think it's okay to steal business.

by looks of things youre not the only one mate .. loads unhappy with them only heard 2 lads chelping on in the merchants this morning

Best to get together and ask them straight out, just what the situation is, via the forum?

Only issue I've had is them offering a warranty when it's out of guarantee.

It's been mentioned by loads of members on the forum in the past, not only vaillant but other manufacturers to. It's unethical practice, and I for one avoid these companies where possible.

Why should you have to tick a box or tell a company you don't want them to shaft you up the rump, you should have to tick the box or request such shafting.

I'm going to send them this letter if my customer will let me have it and see what excuse they come up with but if it happens again after my complaint it's definitely bye bye Vaillant which is a shame because I like the boilers.

I'm going to send them this letter if my customer will let me have it and see what excuse they come up with but if it happens again after my complaint it's definitely bye bye Vaillant which is a shame because I like the boilers.

ask them why you have to tell them to not steal your customer or tick a box instead of you asking them/ giving them permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant robbing business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock