Discuss Urgent advice required - roofers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope that works out for her and she gets rid of them.
I hate to think of somebody, especially a pensioner getting ripped off and these rogues getting loads of cash.
She might find it easier to say to the conmen it is the blame of her family for their decision to refuse any more work to be done.
She needs plenty of family, friends and a few heavies to be with her, at her home when any of the guys might come back.

Last edited:
If she has signed and they've started I think it's a tricky one to be honest with you.

I'm not saying it's impossible to back out but there's a big argument on the horizon !

If she has signed and they've started I think it's a tricky one to be honest with you.

I'm not saying it's impossible to back out but there's a big argument on the horizon !

Around six and a half grands worth of an argument

police are after them around here!!
one of my customers had them andhe changed his mind on the day.
they only hooked a rope to both sides and ripped the acia, 4 rows of ties and a gutterig off, then threatened him for the money!
they have done this to at east 8 properties from notts to donny

Quick update...

She managed to get a quick quote tonight to reseat all the ridge tiles from another roofer so she phoned up the original roofers to tell them she no longer wanted them to continue. They squirmed a bit but she was well armed with what had actually been spent ie. a couple of hundred quid on baton, felt and sundries and told them to shove it as they already had 1.5k out of her and "renovated" a third of the roof.

I was there while he telephoned her again and actually offered to reseat all the ridge tiles at no extra cost, he also made up some cock and bull about pricing policy varying but I suggested not letting them near it and go with the new roofer which she did and seems happy with. All in all she's going to be out 2.5k instead of 8k by the time all the work is complete and a week without ridge tiles (there's been no ingress today even on a showery day ) she does feel like a ditz and doesn't understand why she didn't exercise due diligence but it can really happen to anyone so thanks to all the contributors for giving me a steer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent advice required - roofers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
M
hi i need you advice guy i rencelty did a job for a customer to start with she wanted a tap change fair enought i got to the job with a expecting...
Replies
Views
muffinman
M
T
Hi Guys, Would really appreciate your advice on this one. My husband and I run a p & h company. We've got a really difficult customer. I'll...
Replies
Views
P
hi every one i have got one of those customers that are being a pain as some are i done a job about 4 years ago and the boiler has now gone wrong...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock