Search the forum,

Discuss Nightmare customer - advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I grab a copy as well?

I was a bit confused about how safety shoes are going to save a life?

Save a toe maybe, but a life?

By preventing electrocution. You are all very welcome a proper copy but the forum only seems to let me upload images. I need a way to send a word document. The only way I can think is if you private message me your email addresses?

I think if the roles were reversed I'd run a mile if a tradesman gave me that to sign, I can see why you're doing it though.

In reality customers are thick and lazy and don't read it, they just sign it and assume it like any other contract. It it puts control in your hands and has made my life so much easier.

If this lady is saying it took ages for the floor to dry and the wall is still wet, has anyone been back to make sure there isn't actually another leak under the floor/floorboards?

I haven't read alb's T&C
but I can tell you that we have some that we send with every quote.
They sound similar.

From memory:
Deposit.
Stage payments for big job.
Payment in full on day of completion.
Admin fees for late payment.
How they can make a complaint and what we will do about it.
That deposits are non refundable.
That we are not responsible for their items that are left where we are working.
That we will not move their furniture.
And this does not affect your statutory rights.

IMHO they should be easy to read and easy to understand in big print and just contain essential info that can help prevent disputes in future.

Why don't you contact her a tell her you are going to put the repairs through your insurance.

Depending on what caused the leak
- Faulty valve ( valve manufacturer / supplier insurance )
- Faulty workmanship - your insurance.

Charge for all the extra time and effort you put in, inc. after hours fees and vacuum / dehumidifier.

Do a final invoice for all the works performed and bring an insurance form.
Let her know that when you receive payment in full you will send the claim form off to your insurance company.

Then she can deal with the insurance company and the insurance company can deal with the situation however they like.
You may have to pay an excess if its your fault, but if it a valve fault, then you won't have to pay anything.

Once that's done - put it all behind you and move on.

That's how I would deal with the situation - particularly with this type of customer.

Things like this are going to happen from time to time and you just have to work out how to deal with this type of situation.

Oz-Plumber

I've never been so popular! I shall have to start charging a pound for my terms and conditions and retire from fitting boilers!

Speak to your insurance company and let them know you suspect she may be about to make a claim which you suspect is fraudulent. If they think they are going to get a claim they will investigate.

Speak to your insurance company and let them know you suspect she may be about to make a claim which you suspect is fraudulent. If they think they are going to get a claim they will investigate.

I would advise against this.

Let the insurance company handle all the claims and determine who's at fault.

There's no point in getting overly involved in the insurance side of things. Most insurance assesors can determine what is covered by the leak and what is not. They can also determine who is at fault.
They deal with people who try and claim more that they are entitled to all the time.

Get your money and your equipment and be done with the situation and the customer.

The customer doesn't like you - you don't like the customer

Leave it at that - put it down to a learning experience

Worst case scenario is that you will have to pay your excess on your insurance policy.

Oz-Plumber

View attachment 16735

Section 5b is particularly amusing. I took it with me after a left Gasforce. They will have had it written by lawyers, I made a few adjustments. It's printed on the back of this which they sign:

Acceptance:
Mr & Mrs Smith
36 High Street
Town

12th January 2013

Quotation:
Supply and install:
One Worcester Greenstar 15Ri gas condensing boiler in garage.
Removal and disposal of existing boiler.
All associated pipework, wiring and installation.
Chemically flushing and treating of heating system.
Total: £2000.00

If you wish to proceed please sign below and return. A 50% deposit for £1000.00 will be required either transferred to the account below or by cheque with this acceptance.
Final payment due on day of completion.

I agree to the above quotation and terms and conditions (printed on the rear).

Signed_______________________

Print_________________________

Date_________________________

saved! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nightmare customer - advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock