Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Indirect / Low Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A local firm have quoted for an unvented indirect Megaflo cylinder to cure low pressure hot water around the entire house to run off an ancient Kingfisher 2 boiler.

Mains cold water to the kitchen sink is good but all other cold and hot water around the house is dire.

Is this a good solution (the firm is quoting £1400 inc vat). There are two showers, 1 bath, kitchen, utility (rarely used). Usually 4 people.

I have a few questions please...

They state slimline Megaflo 150l so I take it will be a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo?

Is that a reasonable price for a local reputable firm?

Is this solution really going to cure the low water pressure?

Can an immersion heater backup be fitted to suck a tank?

Is there anything I should think about / know about such an istallation?

Thanks.

Won’t be a mega flow as there 1k just for that

Ok thanks, it's just that they quoted a "Supply and install a new 150ltr indirect slimline Megaflo unvented hot water cylinder". Megaflo is trademarked, that's why I thought it would be a Heatrae Sadia.

I am worrying that these need to be serviced yearly. Are there better low maintenance solutions?

Have they measured your incoming flow rate and dynamic pressure to ensure an unvented cylinder is suitable? It should be a minimum of around 20 litres / min with 2 bar working pressure. You will also need to ensure your internal pipework is upgraded, especially to showers which should be in 22mm.

From personal experience, don't bother with a Megaflo tank. The internal expansion bubble is useless and there are better / cheaper brands available.

Just check the exact make of the one quoted for. They all need maintenance whether internal or external air space.

Reply to Unvented Indirect / Low Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock