Search the forum,

Discuss University plumbing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Has anyone ever worked for a university as a plumber? Mainly maintenance I imagine and also commercial work.

Direct / employee or just they call you when they need you ?

Basically your a maintenance man / handy man sometimes you do plumbing other times your a jack of all

If you work direct for a uni (I did many years ago, not Plumbing) - very cushy but not many opportunities for advancement. But a great many uni services are getting contracted out at most unis. (Outsourcing) bit like a lot of Council stuff.

It says they will put one through these commercial qualifications. Are they the main commercial qualifications?

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_190318.jpg
    IMG_20210508_190318.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 14
Yep

If you fancy it Matt then go for it mate , commercial gas is a whole different animal and if you have a chance to better yourself and gain more qualifications and be paid for it then i would seriously consider it . Kop

I much preferred commercial work, there's a definite need for servicing and just feels like 'proper' work.
Better rates and plenty of demand too!

I spoke to a commerical engineer recently. He said there's alot of domestic engineers due to fast track courses etc. But a shortage of commercial engineers. Not sure if this is correct. But I could see how it could be.

Reply to University plumbing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock