Discuss Trying to replace thermostatic radiator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
what valve have you got?
20150102_102114.jpg

Dump the system pressure through the drain off, if you can find it. If you can't you'll have to dump it through a radiator bleed vent which will take a little bit of time.

Close the lockshield valve on the other end of the rad, taking a note of how many turns it takes to close it - this will save you from having to balance the system later.

Wrap a towel or two round the pipework of your trv. Swap the trv body moving a bit sharpish.

Make sure all nuts are tight, open the lockshield the same amount of turns as you closed it, add inhibitor while you've got the system pressure down, top up to about 1bar.

That'll be a tenner please.....

Crops,

Be more than a tenner for the new ceiling ...heeeeee :32:

Look at it this way, once I've got his bank details I write a quick promissory to my good friend M'butu Ndonkwe of the nigerian central bank.

He's found tens of thousands of pounds belonging to me, just need to send him 500 for admin fees.

What could possibly go wrong?

A guy with a violin case knocking on your door and not to wish you a Happy New Year, Mrs Crops dusting the life policy, happy days!!!

myson trv.jpg

That big nut there, that's the locking nut for the head. Use a big pair of grips on it. Make sure the head's turned to maximum open, makes it easier.

Also by the head you mean the actual plastic bit? that won't turn at all, which is the reason I'm trying to get it off.

I've never not been able to get a head of one of these. Get someone in, this could go badly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trying to replace thermostatic radiator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
I want to replace a radiator that has a drain valve. Do I need to replace like for like and keep the drain valve in or can I replace with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also...
Replies
Views
the thermostatic controller has snapped off the top of one of the radiator valves is the threaded metal collar standard to all valves? Can I fit...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock