Discuss Trying to find a gas placement urgently in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm based in Fareham, Hampshire and there is an Intermediate Gas Course starting at Highbury college next Monday that I would like to enrol on. I have a couple of gas fitters that I can ask that I subcontract work to but I'm not too keen on learning off them as the quality of their work isn't great.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the South Hampshire area that can help out. In return, I'm happy to work for free (as long as I'm getting valuable experience towards the 70 hours I need). I've run my own plumbing business for 3 years now and bring a good attitude and mentality to my work. I have my own public liability insurance which also covers me for supervised gas work.

If anyone can help then please let me know!

Can anyone help me at all with this?

Can't help but i'm sure requirement is '70+' days not hours.
Good luck though, I'm sure different people need a hand at some time and won't mind you tagging along if your half decent!

Hello fagsanbooz. Unfortunately I've missed the boat for the current course as it starts today! Where about are you based?

I thought the requirement was 70 days not 70 hours too but I've checked with the college twice now and they assure me its a portfolio of 70hrs. The course is the Intermediate Gas Certificate which is sponsored by the CITB. The reason I double checked is being self-employed I can't justify an outlay of 70 days not being paid to get gas registered but 70 hours is a lot more palatable.

I like to think I'm half decent and I'm good on the theory (got an engineering degree). I've managed quite a few full heating installs and up until now have just subcontracted the gas fitter in to fit the boiler side of it while I do all the rest of the job.

I'm keen to get lots of experience on the servicing side of things in particular, across as broad a range of boilers as possible. But tbh gas placements are as rare as hen's teeth so I'm not going to be too fussy!

mine was somethink like 170 hours or 60 jobs or 60 days which is the same as jobs 170 hours was the minum but they wanted more really

Hello fagsanbooz. Unfortunately I've missed the boat for the current course as it starts today! Where about are you based?

I thought the requirement was 70 days not 70 hours too but I've checked with the college twice now and they assure me its a portfolio of 70hrs. The course is the Intermediate Gas Certificate which is sponsored by the CITB. The reason I double checked is being self-employed I can't justify an outlay of 70 days not being paid to get gas registered but 70 hours is a lot more palatable.

I like to think I'm half decent and I'm good on the theory (got an engineering degree). I've managed quite a few full heating installs and up until now have just subcontracted the gas fitter in to fit the boiler side of it while I do all the rest of the job.

I'm keen to get lots of experience on the servicing side of things in particular, across as broad a range of boilers as possible. But tbh gas placements are as rare as hen's teeth so I'm not going to be too fussy!
Don't know if were at crossed purposes with the 'amount of time' but the amount of time you need to show in total is 70 days if you have an NVQ L.2. certificate (classed as a category 2) or 140 days if you don't (category 3 operative).
This is a combination of 'on the job' training (with a gas safe installer) and 'off the job' training (in a training centre) and these are minimums if most of the work involves central heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trying to find a gas placement urgently in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock