Search the forum,

Discuss TRV Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonfog

Hi all,

Can someone settle an argument for me please? If you have aTRV valve set to maximum will it work like a standard valve and be openconstantly or will it function as normal opening and closing according to thetemperature of the room?

Thanks

if its vertical and on the flow, it will close probs before room gets to temp as stated on trv. unless rad is a large rad :)

It is fitted vertically and on the flow, the rad is a 1400 x 700 double convector?

highly likely to be shutting off early, trvs imo only sense the air around them, not where you maybe in room, heat rises from pipe to trv and trv head is only inches from rad.

you shouldn't need to remove the head just leave on max. which pulls the head internals up anyway to enable head removal if needed.

A thermostatic valve on full should close around 26'c and 30'c,depending on manufacture,allow a little tolerance,so they will be shutting down more than you may think
but as implied rad may probably stay to hot to notice

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want it to stay on take the pliers to the pin and cut a few mil off. It won't work then and will always be on.

It is opening and closing at present, which I'm happy about but the customer reckons it should be on all the time. I've offered to fit a normal rad valve but he doesn' want that. I will contact Drayton to see what they say.
Cheers for the help people and a happy new year to you all. I hope the new year allows you to get your hands on plenty of old boilers. ;)

sounds like the customer just needs more of an explanation as to how the valve works.
I'm sure if you point out that when the valve has closed because the room is up to temperature, that he is now saving money all will be well.

It's the same every time trv's go on a system. You explain until blue in the face that the rads will close down based on the setting and the temperature in the room, if you're too warm then close it down, if you're too cold then open it up. Two days later you get the call, heatings on but one of the radiators isn't working what have you done wrong! What number is it on, 1, turn it up then, oh it's working now! :) :)

It's the same every time trv's go on a system. You explain until blue in the face that the rads will close down based on the setting and the temperature in the room, if you're too warm then close it down, if you're too cold then open it up. Two days later you get the call, heatings on but one of the radiators isn't working what have you done wrong! What number is it on, 1, turn it up then, oh it's working now! :) :)

You've hit the nail on the head there, tired of explaining the above point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a leaking TRV on a downstairs radiator and need to get it replaced/fixed. Can anyone on here tell me the average cost to have this done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock