Discuss tru wall pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ghillie

Can antone tell me what these pipes are made from as they are not copper. they were installed in the 70's. Also will the scrap merchants take them if they are removed as they are not copper?

Stainless steel?

Could do with a little more info, colour/ size etc etc

Hi there sorry they are a dull grey colour and are 1/2" and 3/4" they are magnetic and are all connected with compression joints. I think they were installed when there was a world copper shortage. I was told that they are the same as duplex pipes but I doubt that. The thing that puzzles me is how they have not rusted over the period of nearly 40 years. Any info would be helpful

I don't think they are stainless as they are not bright coloured in any way

I'm not quite sure what it's made of,is it Zinc? What I do know is it's a nightmare and was the cause of a flood in my parents house.

Some of our more(ahem)senior members will be able to shed a bit more light on it I'm sure:)

truewell it was called and was a very poor stainless steel that rusted from the inside out

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information it is greatly appreciated and I can equate to the nightmare senario as it has caused one in my old mum's house.

Silvertech, a copper based alloy used during the copper shortage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tru wall pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock