Discuss Triton AS2000XT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys went to have a look at this Triton AS2000XT shower this morning.

Customer originally said flow was poor.

That is not the case, the problem they have is that the flow does not adjust using the dial. The pressure is ok and the temperature adjusts fine.

Is anyone familiar with these showers?

I took the dial off and tried adjusting the flow by turning the spindle with my fingers but still no joy.

I tried ringing Triton but couldn't get through. (not even sure they have anyone in the call center on a saturday)

Also the customer said that when the shower is switched off, the water will stop but the motor keeps 'whirring' for a short period. This noise problem has only been occurring in the last 3 weeks and has only happened 4 times. This is the problem that he wants sorted as a priority, the flow adjustment he said is more of a nuisance but he can live with it, if anything he said he would like more flow but he said that the current flow is a bit too much for the grandchildren.

I told him I was unable to get hold of Triton but I have taken the manual away with me for reference and I told him i would continue to try and contact Triton and see if i can get some information for him. The noise problem did not happen while I was there and he understood that I can't fix a problem that is not occurring while I am there as it could be anything.

I'm hoping someone can help here, even if it means getting a replacement shower i'd like to know what the problem might be anyway.

Thanks

Hi ash, if the shower keeps running when switched off then you have a faulty solenoid, if it keeps running but no water then it's the switch or the potentiometer that's goosed ,

Triton AS2000xt Cover (comes with Flow Knob Only & Potentiometer P09430600

If the water shutting off then ignore solenoid as it will be closing as required,

Hi ash, if the shower keeps running when switched off then you have a faulty solenoid, if it keeps running but no water then it's the switch or the potentiometer that's goosed ,

Triton AS2000xt Cover (comes with Flow Knob Only & Potentiometer P09430600

Thanks. The customer said the water will shut off but sounds as though it's still running. He said if it happens again he will video it for me.

Can you suggest anything for the flow problem?

have you removed the shower and flushed through the water supply pipes? what head do you have from the tank?

have you removed the shower and flushed through the water supply pipes? what head do you have from the tank?

I haven't flushed through the pipes, the flow seems fine and it's powerful enough just doesn't adjust. Was thinking it was more of a controls/pcb fault. Will flush through next time I go.

Shower is downstairs, tanks in the loft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Triton AS2000XT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a dead 1990s Triton T70 shower and, for purposes of replacement, I'd like to know if it's mains or gravity fed. As it won't even switch on...
Replies
Views
A
My builder has fitted 14 Triton Showers to a block of flats which I let out, they are manager by a letting agent, I am now getting complaints...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock