Discuss Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dean1985

Hi could anybody point me in the right direction on here maybe a reliable course where i can find more info on training to be gas safe and any other related training you need to be become a gas engineer ?

thanks

Find a plumbing college first. Forget gas for atleast 2years

im based in county durham ? its something ive wanted to do for a long time but never had the balls to go out and get myself a trade .

theres alot i need to know tbh but google has not helped much at all just puts up courses to train when really i need alot more info

thanks

Is there any reason why mate ? do you have to be qualified as a plumber aswell as...

p.s sorry i really am clueless on how to go about it and what i will need this is why ive came on here for some help :sweatdrop:

cheers

You will struggle to make a career out of gas without plumbing knowledge , I mean a proper course too , not a three week fast track job

okay cheers , ive noticed that theres alot of courses that take a couple of weeks obviously these are fast track , do you know where i can have a look at 'proper' courses maybe online ?

theres a guy not far from where i live came out of the courier business done a gas course not sure what kind if theres specific ones , hes self employed own van etc & hes never done plumbing in his life ?

Hello Dean, welcome to the forum.
You can do a gas course without previous plumbing qualifications, but as already said much better to do plumbing first then tackle gas.
if you went the route of plumbing qualification, then gas is covered at level 3 (or at least that's what it used to be)
gas is a lot more demanding.
make inquiries at your local college as to what courses are available.
before being accepted onto a course you need to pass a test to determine that you would be able to do the course, it is largely maths+physics knowledge with some English.

Do you know where houghton le spring is ? im there mate !

Aye I know where that is. Worked up at Haswell and Haswell Plough earlier this year, bit far out normally but it was a recommendation.

Simon F has given you some good advice. Definitely need to know some plumbing basics before you get into the gas. It's not always a gas problem when a cust says 'the boilers not working'.

okay thankyou i dont think my local colledge does a plumbing course although i could try them again seems i just asked about gas , ive also just looked online at plumbing vacancies there doesnt seem to be many jobs kicking about unless they dont get advertised much ? but theres aload of gas engineering jobs , could you recommend a course too take a look at maybe one that gets advertised online ? ive seen a couple advertised on this page or would it still get advertised on here even it was ****e ?

thankyou

Aye I know where that is. Worked up at Haswell and Haswell Plough earlier this year, bit far out normally but it was a recommendation.

Simon F has given you some good advice. Definitely need to know some plumbing basics before you get into the gas. It's not always a gas problem when a cust says 'the boilers not working'.

yeah he has , i mean plumbing is something i can see myself really enjoying it was my idea to leave school and go straight into plumbing or electrics but completely went off the rails , now with a family to look after i would rather make myself usefull and change my career now rather than later as im 27 and not getting any younger whether its to late now or not im not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock