Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet siphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys?

i don't really do any plumbing work but a friend has asked me to look at his toilet as you have to pump the handle a few times to get a decent flush. So in guessing the siphon membrane has failed.

my question is though, how do you size the siphon? Just measure the height of the existing one and get one of the same height or do different siphons flush different volumes of water?

cheers guys!

Yeah just make sure u measure it or better still take the old one out and take it with you so the new one isn't taller. You can adjust the water volume to suit on most new ones but ul probably find the standard setting sufficient

turbo 88 adjustable and change the ball valve as the same time if bottom entry and set water level as high as you can (take account of overflow levels etc)

Some you can remove syphon section and replace the membrane without having to remove the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet siphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all - Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others! So we are considering replacing the innards ourselves. I suppose the first question is: is that sensible? ;) Assuming it is, we have looked on various online...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock