Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet seat rare type in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Where to source this type of toilet seat from ?
Does anyone know where to source one of these nowadays, been advised it's about 35 years old now and was a french type one. Are the obsolete now, and only top or bottom connection fixings exist or are they source from a website possibly.? Any answers would be greatly appreciated..
Otherwise it's a case of a bit of ingenuity and routing similar groves out of the back of a new seat and connecting it to pre existing connections i guess.

Attachments

• 20231125_140145.jpg
    20231125_140145.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231125_140151.jpg
    20231125_140151.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231125_140157.jpg
    20231125_140157.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 9
New toilet or a joiner to fab you one up

New toilet or a joiner to fab you one up
Yeah i guessed that shaun, cheers.
I don't want to head down the new toilet direction personally as it could lead to a Pandoras box, as all the back of soil waste pipe right up to the back of the toilet has been boxed and tiled in over 30 years with a few tiles i.e. rare patterns on that i probably won't be able to source either for replacement.. so yes, looks like a bit of engeinuity is needed on this one.

Reply to Toilet seat rare type in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi, as the title suggests i need help finding this type of toilet seat, i ordered one but completely forgot to check distance between fittings and it didn't fit. The distance between the fittings for the toilet is 260mm and its for a wall hung toilet. i can't seem to find anything similiar.
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Just moved into a new place and the toilet seat is super loose. Spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to tighten this toilet seat. I did try unscrewing it from the bottom, took it out and inspected it but couldn't see any obvious way to tighten. Tried screwing the bottom screws in tigher...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock