Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Fixture Minimum Flow Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

relaxjack

Is there any standard or guideline on toilet fixture minimum flow pressure ? eg. WCs, Shower, Sinks, Basins, etc. or its not imprtant as long as the required flowrate is achieved.

There are BS standards to govern flow rates through waste pipe work

Flow rate through fixtures like a w/c,will be incorporated in the design by the manufacturer to meet water usage allowed for a particular function

imho

how about the available flow pressure at the fixture? i've been told 8psi is the general requirement but i've not seen it in any standards or guidelines.

how about the available flow pressure at the fixture? i've been told 8psi is the general requirement but i've not seen it in any standards or guidelines.

Sorry but I'm not really following your drift

the flow pressure at the basin taps, shower mixers, flush valves, etc.

Think you are not making the distinction between flow rate and out let pressure

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at bs6700
And bs8000 part 13 or 15. One of them is hot and cold water services

Yes, i think im confused here. It all started when i saw a water supply design criteria somewhere i cant recall. Its something like this.

Fixture.......... Flowrate (gpm)........... Flow Pressure (psi)

Shower................ 3.................................. 8

Does it mean that I'll have to provide a pressure of 8psi at the fixture outlet in order to have a flowrate of 3 gpm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Fixture Minimum Flow Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. Advice required. I want to install an En-suite toilet and wash basin. It's in a guest room and will only see occasional use. There's no room for a shower pan, but I can squeeze in one of those combined basin and toilet units. My question is - can I install a toilet and basin where...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock