Discuss To much pressure causing problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

happydunk

Hi all my first post so thank you in advance for any help.

I have built an outside toilet and basin that has cold water running to it through a hose pipe. The trouble is when the toilet tank has filled or the taps on the basin are turned off the joints in the hose come apart. So I put a regulator switch in and turned it down to much less pressure but the problem is still happening. I guess because although the switch is stopping the flow its not stopping the pressure once the water stops moving and puts to much pressure on the joints. Is there something I can buy to help with this problem or something I can do to strengthen joints. I have already jubilee clipped them. Really at a loss where to go next. Thanks for your help.

use a coil of speedfit, or hep2o barrier pipe and lagg it. hose pipes are for watering the plants in your garden LOL.

I know LOL, but there are reasons for it. Thank you I will look into those products.

you can still bend plastic so i dont see why you are using a hose

If you still ant to then you need to fit a PRV to reduce the pressure but i wouldn't connect a hose to the inlet of the PRV, in fact i wouldn't use a hose anywhere

i agree get a roll of hep20 pipe and do it properly. what are the reasons for using hose in the first place?

It crosses a river and a large concrete slab and a lawn, a hose pipe can be disconnected and thrown to the side when not in use, which is most of the time. Mainly its a short term solution that will be fitted properly next year when the whole area gets a face lift. I know its not the right approach but just for the next few months will save on so many issues

Thank you for the advice I will take it to my plumbing shop and ask them to help with the PRV.

Do you realize that you are breaking the water regulations and could be prosecuted?

Do you realize that you are breaking the water regulations and could be prosecuted?

Not if there's a double check valve

Still the same as having an outside hose pipe

best not to drink any of the water to be safe.

Totally agree with that one

The pipework wil not be of potable quality. And you'll prob notice the difference in taste and smell

do it properly and you wont get frozen pipes/ water leaks. Hope u are not on a meter

Why are you all moaning,

I've taken all my copper down to the scrappies and got some cash. Scrapped my tube carrier and now carry garden hose, if you buy it with the connections its a bargain.....

I like your style. Inspired by this thread I've just fitted a sealed system with Hozelock fittings and garden hose; no problems with pressure if you leave the FL cranked open.

Not if I am not in the UK, British citizen who lives in Africa, so even the UK can't get me here. No drinking of the water. Toilet and handbasin for washing hands only and clearly marked non drinkable. Thanks for all the advice and promise to make more professional in the future, just unable at this moment.

Just respect the English tradesman a lot more, great to live here, sun is shinning etc but trying to get anything done is another story.

never been, fly me over and ill sort it for you. now thats a good deal, you can trus fuzzy

The only way I'd go back is with a desert eagle 5.0 strapped to my waist!

I didn't like Jo'burg or Durban, Cape town wasn't much better but thought Hermanous was fantastic. Really enjoyed the things I got up to there but SA does have a lot of issues.

Way too political for this forum though.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL are we still talking about plumbing, I live just a few kilometers from Hermanus, so whales on the doorstep but more important is on the other side is the wine and lots of it.

Can't fly you over budget just won't quite reach to that, but come and visit. Taking some of our guests today to Mzoli's, have a look on the internet a crazy place.

Thanks again for all the help. I now have a plan, we will see if the plan comes together lol.

I would dig under the river and install 20mm MDPE, if the river needs to be diverted while the work is done I'll get a couple of ÂŁ40 a day meat heads with shovels and a wheelbarrow.

No more than a days work I gaurantee. :ihih:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to To much pressure causing problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock