Discuss This weekend only at Tradepoint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just had a Text saying they have an offer of a De Walt 18volt Lithiun Ion battery drill for £ 68.33 plus VAT . I was going to get one then I found out that it only has ONE battery with it . bit of a bummer . I need to replace my drill as the Nic cad batts are nacked . And would be expensive to mend Batteries .
I might just get another Dewalt 18 volts with 2 nic cad batts for about £ 83 plus VAT . Has anyone seen them cheaper . Cheers .

at that cost its likely to be the el cheapo version with a 1.5Ah battery i'd have thought

Take a look at the Bosch Professional GSB 18 V - LIDS from Screwfix.
You can get it with one 4ah lion battery or two 2ah lion batteries for near £150.
Very compact well balanced drill.
Just be careful to not confuse it with the different weaker model with similar code.

Think that's for 140 now Best. I think.
I paid 150 and like it. I wouldn't bother with lower than 4ah

Think that's for 140 now Best. I think.
I paid 150 and like it. I wouldn't bother with lower than 4ah

depends what your using it for, as a screw gun 1.5-2ah is a better option, also 2 batts are better than 1.

I agree, two of 2ah batteries are better than one 4ah because when your single 4ah battery runs out you haven't a spare fresh one. Besides, the 2ah will be slightly lighter & less bulky, both of which can be an advantage when you are in tight spaces or using the drill above your head etc.
Both batteries give the same power after all, - it is just the length of time of running.
I am not a Bosch fan tbh, but that drill is so compact & powerful & at that price it's very good for a combi drill that is a professional tool. Way ahead of drills at around £100

Last edited:
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bosch-...=Search-_-SearchRec-_-Area1&_requestid=252768

That's the drill I am talking about. Lovely to hold, very short well balanced body & with 13mm chuck & 4 pole motor & plenty of torque plus 3 year warranty.

Last edited:
Ive had bosch and makita 1.5ah ish, the cheap ones you used to get for £100.
Both had a couple of batteries but were ****.
You're right, ok for screwing but I still wouldn't bother with one again after using the 4ah

I was proper annoyed with this deal!!!
tradepoint = £68.33 + VAT
b and q = £82
so for being a tradesman, using b and q a lot and being loyal to b and q you get......... nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This weekend only at Tradepoint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all! Any feedback on the current Bosch GSB 18v-Li drill? ive read the smaller GSB 18-2-Li is pants but only seen one review of the GSB 18v-Li...
Replies
Views
pipefitter
P
J
Hi guys can i pick your brains, i need a new combi drill and have come across the new AEG 18v lithium-ion model for a decent price with 2 3.0 Ah...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
J
I am replaceing my cordless drill and wanted some input of you lads as to which brands/models have a good track record. Also anyone using Li-ion...
Replies
Views
MarkB
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock