Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic valve replacement problems in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Got a porcelanosa shower mixer and i need to change the thermostatic valve. It shows that a special tool might be required to remove it. Can u advise? Thanks

Attachments

• 260695EE-3A60-46E6-80C0-DF1F13202232.jpeg
    260695EE-3A60-46E6-80C0-DF1F13202232.jpeg
    487.9 KB · Views: 6
  • D1D3A9E8-5AA9-44C8-9734-251831428DC5.jpeg
    D1D3A9E8-5AA9-44C8-9734-251831428DC5.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 5
While thermostatic valves come in the more common manual form, they can also come in a digital electronic form. The manual type uses heat-sensitive material, which expands with heat to restrict the flow of hot water. On the other hand, the digital electronic type has no moving parts to control the amount of hot water released but instead uses semiconductor devices, such as thermistors. Knowing which type you are having is important before you start the repair work.

Reply to Thermostatic valve replacement problems in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock