Discuss The ultimate Intergas virgin freebie boiler thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
CH4? ANz?

You here?

So let's talk about Intergas for a moment.

Is the "only four moving parts" thing meaningful to you? If so, why?
Not really meaningful just marketing c@rp. 4 moving parts
Intergas:
*fan
*gasvalve
*pump
*flowswitch
Most other combi's:
Only have a diverter valve in addition to that.

My most regular repair on combis is exp vessels and prv's followed by fans on pre high efficiency boilers. Rarely gas valves, Or fans in modern boilers but then they have not been in service for 15+ years yet so I'm sure they will start going eventually.

I serviced an intergas about a week ago and I am not swayed yet. I just don't like aluminium heat exchangers.
Or swathes of plastic on boiler cases. But the lack of a diverted valve is a benefit and more so the large bore copper Heat exchanger path ways.
Simple to clean once you get the 15 or so burner door nuts off.

I serviced an intergas about a week ago and I am not swayed yet. I just don't like aluminium heat exchangers.
Or swathes of plastic on boiler cases. But the lack of a diverted valve is a benefit and more so the large bore copper Heat exchanger path ways.
Simple to clean once you get the 15 or so burner door nuts off.

Lack of a diverter always a benefit pesky darn things

Can I just mention that Famous Grouse is a poor substitute for JD? really poor.

not that many bolts to whip off the hex cover, even better only 2 screws to remove the front access cover. Doddle to get bits on and off when needed, just need a bit of care when installing them not to loosen pump nuts etc. In my experience they are easy to install, no stress as you can set up initially as a water heater, then finish your pipework for rads in slow time. easy to set up the heating side for most efficient running, fans and pcbs are a bit pricy if you have to pay for them, but intergas have refunded me for any parts i supplied under warranty to date. Just need to be firm with them, then stroppy, then bloody minded and kick up a fuss :)

Have you spoken to Mrs S & Miss S tonight?

I have had a nice chat with Mrs S thanks rpm. And she is in good health, thank you for asking. Miss S is a bit too grown up now to talk to dad on a daily basis, but I work on the principle, that no news is good news.

I trust your family are all in the pink?

I have had a nice chat with Mrs S thanks rpm. And she is in good health, thank you for asking. Miss S is a bit too grown up now to talk to dad on a daily basis, but I work on the principle, that no news is good news.

I trust your family are all in the pink?

As far as I know and thank you for asking sir but I work on the same lines as your good self as in no news is very good news.
Guess I`d better go now and leave you to whatever it was you doing before I get hung. lol

As far as I know and thank you for asking sir but I work on the same lines as your good self as in no news is very good news.
Guess I`d better go now and leave you to whatever it was you doing before I get hung. lol

Don't rush dear boy. Amuse us with your latest tales of poo-munching! :)

Well as you ask, I did get accused of breaking a customer toilet pan today which did confuse me until I spoke to the customer and found out she complained because I broke the silicone seal between the pan and the floor and the actual pan is still as I left it, that is in one piece!
Sometimes I think they have nothing else to do except complain.

Sometimes I think they have nothing else to do except complain.

An interesting philosophical point? Shall we dwell upon it for a page or two ? Or shall we tell CH4 that he is safe, and tonight's battle is all down to Riley and Hammers?

An interesting philosophical point? Shall we dwell upon it for a page or two ? Or shall we tell CH4 that he is safe, and tonight's battle is all down to Riley and Hammers?

Riley, how`s your blood pressure tonight Low, medium or high?

Got a bit of the old 50p 20p going on

Be we still didn't get the fleece we so deserve lo

Immaculate timing dear boy. I was struggling to think of a new diversion to delay the announcement, and then you pop up with your chippy colonialness and talk of fleeces..:)

Shall we debate the topic for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The ultimate Intergas virgin freebie boiler thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
We heard about Intergas boilers from a family member who has just had one installed. The gas fitter he used raves about them saying how reliable...
Replies
Views
I have posted a few times, mainly regarding my indecision to go for either an Ideal or an Intergas open vent boiler. Having taken note of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads...
Replies
Views
Hi guys So basically what happened is an engineer came out to my mums a week ago to do her annual gas safety check, shes a disabled bed bound OAP...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock