Discuss That's us all beggared then in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
100 years and no fossil fuels to be burnt at all.

Time to drop gas, LPG and oftec and get f gas and 17th edition

100 years time we'll all be out the job ha ha

2016 no gas to be installed in new houses,

suits me fine though, new houses are a pain and don't need much work being as there new

Where did you here about fossil fuels, not that I'm bothered be long gone by then, maybe that's why Brussels is stopping the 5% vat on renewables .

Always will be plenty of trees.
Live in the countryside on a few acres and burn logs in severe winter weather. :smile:

That 2016 no gas has been fobbed off .

By the time the fossil fuels run out hopefully will be well out of this deteriorating trade

Fossil fuel thing was announced and agreed at the g7 today. Proper radio is radio 4 news and everything...

And yeah that 2016 is a load of tosh. Was turned back about 2 years ago now. It was everything that applied for planning after 2016

Anyway isn't all over power made by burning things or nuclear power?

100 years isn't long when you think about it and what currently relies on fossil fuels. Where are basically going to completely change the way we do everything.

I'd like to hope my future grand kids will be alive then so I'll happily contribute to achieving that.

In return though I expect a lovely young blonde nurse (female) to wipe my balls when I am told old to do so myself.

The silly thing is hydrogen fuel cells could provide everything cleanly but few stand to profit from it so it won't be developed efficiently any time soon.

I vote the UK starts early masters it and when no one buys Russia's gas and oil...BOOM UK is back on top once again

The silly thing is hydrogen fuel cells could provide everything cleanly but few stand to profit from it so it won't be developed efficiently any time soon.

I vote the UK starts early masters it and when no one buys Russia's gas and oil...BOOM UK is back on top once again

What usually happens is we come up with a really good idea but the cost is to much as we are to busy looking after everyone else but our own .Then america employs the brains behind it and funds it into reality.

What usually happens is we come up with a really good idea but the cost is to much as we are to busy looking after everyone else but our own .Then america employs the brains behind it and funds it into reality.

Wouldn`t rule out China tbh.

When I started 16 years ago it came on the radio that fossil fuels will be finished in 40 years and now it is 100.

There is still plenty of it around and the companies will develop better ways of getting it out of the ground, the only thing will be the cost will be stupidly expensive in years to come.

I will plant some more trees, to keep me going. Just worried about my wood burner spares....

Who really thinks the earth will be full of humans in 100 years? Mother Nature will claim most of it back

good.

if people like aubrey de grey are right and there's a coin flip's chance that we could be living a lot longer than we currently predict who would actually still want to be doing the same bloody thing in a century?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to That's us all beggared then in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock