Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss System clean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Been asked to clean a heavily sludged system out how good is the magna cleanse for cleaning out a heavy sludge system . I know power flush is the best way however its an oldie system and bit concerned if i power flush another issue may arise .

Power flush and magnacleanse connected in series for heavily sludged systems. They are good, but you need the flow rate snd reversing action of a powerflush machine for best results.

I once got told by the guys at kamco that power flushing will never harm "decent material." So if a problem does arise from flushing, it was probably not going to be long that the problem showed its face anyway, flush or no flush. (Of course it's in the interest of the guys at kamco to support power flushing though.)

I have had good results with a magnacleanse. For heavily sludged systems I always add a magnaclean and come cleaner a week before and make sure they run the heating for at least an hour a day to get the cleaner circulating and working. The come back and attach the magnacleanse, if any rads are really bad I take them off and clean them individually with a hose in the garden.

If your worried about any problems arising,
Drain and flush the system using the mains water or tank
Add cleaner 2 x X800 and a magnaclean
Return 1 week later with rubber hammer bash the bottom of the reads
Drain and flush again
Then add cleaner again
And return 1 week later to flush and add Inhibitor
Then get paid big money for all your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System clean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock