Search the forum,

Discuss Syncron motors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wat5190

My Syncron motor stays powered up even when the central heating is switched off at the timer, hot water off as well. Is this a timer fault i have a siemens RWB9 if you turn the main power off at the boiler it shuts everything down and the motorised valve returns back to hotwater setting ????? Any help out there

well whats happening for you to be looking at it and motorized valves have a permanent live that dont come from the programmer

Re: Syncron motor staying LIVE help help help

The motor shouldn't stay powered up when the heating is turned off, you can hear it buzzing and get extremly hot. when the central heating turns off the motorised valve should lose its power supply and the valve should return to the hot water position. but that is not happening i am having to turn the main supply to the boiler then the motor returns the valve back to hotwater. Why is power supply staying to the motor?????????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Syncron motor staying LIVE help help help

The motor shouldn't stay powered up when the heating is turned off, you can hear it buzzing and get extremly hot. when the central heating turns off the motorised valve should lose its power supply and the valve should return to the hot water position. but that is not happening i am having to turn the main supply to the boiler then the motor returns the valve back to hotwater. Why is power supply staying to the motor?????????????????????
From what you say, the valve is working correctly.

If a mid-position valve is in CH ONLY position the grey and white wires have 240v on them. It is the grey wire which supplies the motor with power, via one of the switches, to move it to the CH ONLY position. When CH is satisfied and the room stat clicks off, the white wire drops down to 0v, but the grey wire continues to have 240v on it, so the valve stays in the CH ONLY position.

As it is only a 6W motor, the current drawn is negligible, though the valve may stay warm.

Noise may suggest that the motor or one of the switches is on its way out.

You can get replacement motors or complete actuators, unless the valve is very old.

Turning the power off, or turning HW ON will set the valve back to its default HW position.

I am sure that when the central heating switchs off it used to return back to the hotwater position, and not stay powered up all the time. I fitted a complete new 3 way valve because my old one, the motor had burnt out.
If ure right in what you say when my heating turns off at 8am in the morning the motor stays powered up untill the heating comes back at 5pm when i get in from work, but i find it gets really hot just worried it getting too hot and setting on fire lol.

I am sure that when the central heating switchs off it used to return back to the hotwater position, and not stay powered up all the time. I fitted a complete new 3 way valve because my old one, the motor had burnt out.
If ure right in what you say when my heating turns off at 8am in the morning the motor stays powered up untill the heating comes back at 5pm when i get in from work, but i find it gets really hot just worried it getting too hot and setting on fire lol.
when there is no call for heating or hotwater there should be no power to the valve and valve rests at hot water only position

when there is no call for heating or hotwater there should be no power to the valve and valve rests at hot water only position
It all depends on where you start from!

If you start with power off, the valve is in the rest position, port B (HW open). Turning either CH or HW ON at the programmer has no effect on the valve. Turn HW stat up has no effect on the valve, but it sends 240V to the boiler, which then lights.

If we now turn CH stat up the white receives 240V, motor turns, first switch operates and the valve is held in to mid position. Power to the boiler is still obtained from the HW thermostat.

When HW is satisfied, or turned off, 240V goes to the grey wire. This allows the motor to continue from mid-position to port A (CH) open. The second switch operates and the boiler receives its 240V via the white wire.

When CH is satisfied or turned off 240v drops from the white wire and the boiler goes out. BUT the valve still stays in the CH (port A open) position as the two internal switches are not in their rest position. The attached diagrams may help.

Attachments

• mid pos valve.JPG
    mid pos valve.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Syncron motors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock