Discuss Suprima 50L Programmer Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TORMULA

Hi,

I have a Suprima 50L. I replaced the PCB at the end of last year due to the usual lock out problem.

The issue I have now is that the Heating is Off, and the timer is set for 5am - 6am and 5.30pm - 6pm just to keep the hot water topped up.

Its now 9pm and the hot water is still on. Display says 'Timed' but the boiler and pump are running and the Red 'On' light is on.

Am I just not understanding the controls properly? or does the programmer have a problem?

How easy would it be to change the programmer for one that I can have completely seperate control over heat and water?

Ur timer is goosed or ur zone valve is stuck on, prob zone valve IMO

I've taken the head off the zone valve as it wasnt closing off the rads 100%, shouldnt the programmer control the valve? not the other way around?

I've taken the head off the zone valve as it wasnt closing off the rads 100%, shouldnt the programmer control the valve? not the other way around?

Yes the timer does control the zone valve. Why do u ask that?

I'll explain how a zone valve works...

U have 5 wires.. Brown, blue, green/yellow, grey and orange.

Brown - switched live from room stat or timer.

Blue - neutral wire

Green/yellow - earth

Grey - permanent live wire, 240v is always present on the grey

Orange - the valves switched live to feed the boiler.

Timer, turn ch on, brown wire goes live and powers the valve, the motor turns and makes a switch, the power from the permanent live moves over this switch to the orange wire which in turn feeds the boiler with it's switch live power.

If the valve Is stuck in the on position the grey wire will still feed the orange will even though the timer says the heating/hot water is off

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check the operation of the valve but the programmer is showing 'Timed' and the timer is set to go Off at 6pm. Its now 7.20 and the programmers red light is on for Water and the boiler is still running.

Would a faulty head cause the Programmer to not switch off when the timer says it should be off?

As Mbear has said, if the valve is stuck on, and it could be, it will inform the boiler to power up,...i have come across a similar problem in the not too distant past it turned out to be the timer and the valve that were goosed. you could try to move the valve manually...it should have a little lever thingy on it, give it wiggle and see what happens....good luck

I'll check the operation of the valve but the programmer is showing 'Timed' and the timer is set to go Off at 6pm. Its now 7.20 and the programmers red light is on for Water and the boiler is still running.

Would a faulty head cause the Programmer to not switch off when the timer says it should be off?

In this case the timer needs changing, but as Peter has said u might find the zone valve is also goosed after uve changed the timer.

Change the timer 1st-ly then see how it goes mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suprima 50L Programmer Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back