Discuss studying heating systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garnhamr

i wire up heating systems but wish i had a deeper understanding of how everything works.

at the moment i use google searches but that results in a bit by bit process and ofcourse some people explain things better than the other.

if i install a frost stat in a new installation, some of the boilers have there own built in protection so i dont understand why i'm installing it other than being told it needs one :(
if theres a bypass surely i wouldn't need to open the heating circuit for a means of flow.

theres other things that i'm not sure about and i won't be sure on everything unless i really study up on heating systems to their entirety.

can somebody point me in the direction of some thorough explanations?

Boiler frost protection technically only protects the boiler, a separate frost and pipe stat will protect pipes and controls etc

thanks i'll give that a go £45 aint bad
it's funny isn't it really. A heating engineer could in most cases do a better/more customised job of the wiring than the electricians yet because of qualifications it has to be done by a sparks.

Last edited by a moderator:
considered doing a college course?
You dont need an open rad if you have a bi-pass, should be automatic.
frost stats can be more accurate and be cited in colder places the boiler may not be

what college course are you thinking of?
a fully blown heating and ventilation course on top of my job would probably kill me lol.

i'm definately going to try and get on the honeywell course and hopefully a danfoss course too because i'm fitting danfoss all the time.

40 years and im still studyingt heating system everytime i think ive cracked it they change it all again i can remember the plumber telling me those balanced flues will never catch on bloody great hole you have to knock out

What you mean Steve is you are trying to figure out some other has done because you've never seen anything like it in your life :lol:

Edited version because i'm a swearaholic :lol:

thanks i'll give that a go £45 aint bad
it's funny isn't it really. A heating engineer could in most cases do a better/more customised job of the wiring than the electricians yet because of qualifications it has to be done by a sparks.

cause were all colour blind;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to studying heating systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views
I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system which I'm looking to replumb. Our house has had various extensions of heating system with newbuild...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock