Search the forum,

Discuss Stud wall and soil pipe boxing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikie

I have an alcove in the bathroom on wall adjoining a bedroom. This creates a step in the wall on the bedroom side that I'd like to eliminate.

I've realised that the alcove wall is the original house wall (plaster and lathe) and that the reason for the alcove was to box in the soil and pipes and cistern for the toilet and basin, and to allow for boxing in the soil from the toilet in the loft bathroom (2 storey 3 bed semi with loft conversion). The bedroom wall steps towards the bathroom, new stud wall, where there is no soil piping at ceiling level.

I want to take the alcove space from the bathroom and give it to the bedroom, eliminating the kink in the wall.
Its a non-load bearing wall, to my knowledge as the loft conversion steels will be taking the load of the rooms above.
I've seen in-wall cistern systems that show the soil pipe boxed within the wall which would be ideal for the bathroom toilet.

My questions are:
am I ok to box the loft soil pipe into the stud wall? Assuming that the stud wall depth would need to be sufficient to hide the pipe.
Does the ceiling level soil pipe run need to be accessible? (the current boxing isn't obviously dismantle-able)

Ta in advance
M.

the pipe can be inside the wall, you may want to lagg it to stop any noise from what comes down it. the only thing that needs to be accessible and ventilated really is any auto air valve/ durgo if there is one fitted and any rodding access points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stud wall and soil pipe boxing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
I currently undertake a plethora of jobs for a client and they have states that they have an unpleasant smell emanating from their bedroom. On inspection there is a box section with 2 circular vents on each side where the horrendous odour is coming from. It looks like during construction of the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
I’d like to replace the toilet in my house with a back to wall one. The plan is to build a panel on stud work to conceal the cistern and then use the existing soil pipe which goes out to the right. All the back to wall toilets on Victoria Plum have a cross through the side waste which has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock