Search the forum,

Discuss Internal soil pipe to toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol)
The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one.
So soil pipe is on rear wall which is max 9m away from wall in en-suite where we would want the toilet and would be in a straight line roughly to where the soil pipe is situated on rear wall, all the floor joists run in the same direction so there is a clear path in the floor void to the external rear wall. Existing grey waste from what I can see must travel in ceiling void to get to existing soil pipe. Ceiling void is 220mm clear. I think I am right in saying max internal 100mm soil pipe without ventilation is about 6m. If the fall is 20mm per m that gives a fall of 180mm which I have, can I run 9m in the floor void with a vent at the toilet end. If it’s not possible that’s ok, Someone mentioned a macerator but she didn’t like the sound of that but might be able to put the toilet on the wall closest to the external rear wall which would be just over 6m away. Did have a someone round to look but could not have seemed less interested if he tried.
Many thanks for any help

"Ceiling void is 220mm clear. I think I am right in saying max internal 100mm soil pipe without ventilation is about 6m. If the fall is 20mm per m that gives a fall of 180mm"

Have I misunderstood something? If you put a 100mm pipe in a 220mm void surely you only have space of 120mm of fall?

"Ceiling void is 220mm clear. I think I am right in saying max internal 100mm soil pipe without ventilation is about 6m. If the fall is 20mm per m that gives a fall of 180mm"
Have I misunderstood something? If you put a 100mm pipe in a 220mm void surely you only have space of 120mm of fall?

Quite correct, that is why I am no expert forgot to allow for the 100mm, what a muppet, anyway what if same as before and I drop the pipe 80mm and disguise the last bit in a suspended ceiling as it is only a small utility room next to the outside wall

Reply to Internal soil pipe to toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock