Discuss Strange noise from combi boiler... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garmcqui

Hi all, looks like a good forum here, am hoping you can help with a small problem please. I have this strange noise coming from our combi boiler, a Glow Worm Flexicom 24cx.

It only seems to make it when it's close to reaching the required water temperature (in this case 75 degrees). But it's very loud and can be heard throughout most of the house, most annoying early in the morning when the heat comes on. Seems to be working ok though, house nice and warm.

Have a listen:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK1ymWhl5Zc]YouTube - Strange noise from combi boiler[/ame]

Is it anything I should be worried about?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Gareth

sound like rolf harris with his digery doo could be the automatic bypass in the boiler try opening the valves on one radiator closest to the boiler fully see if that helps

someone on another forum said the noise was "kettling" and that I should get it looked at ASAP? does this sound right?

Can't really hear the noise that well but was the system powerflushed prior to installation of the boiler and also, check your condensate is draining safely away - if it is blocked or frozen then this too can make a noise similar to kettling.

Try and reduce the temp to say 70C, does the noise go away? maybe add an inhibitor such as Fernox or Sentinel, have you checked that the digital readout is correct as a lot of the time they are not, what about adjusting pump speed etc.
Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange noise from combi boiler... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back