Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Standard of workmanship in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Have just had an unvented system put in my airing cupboard. I have been left like photo.all my shelving gone and it looks a mess. Is this work of a good standard

Attachments

• IMG-20220311-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220311-WA0000.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 57
Could be improved.
Flexes to Immersions are far too short as above, the expansion vessel isn't plumb.

The expansion vessel isn't a safety issue in my opinion but there's no reason it can't be secure and plumb.

The flexes could be a safety issue and I agree they need to be replaced. They should be heat resistant flex. Not saying they aren't now but they should be.

How far is the tundish from the T&P valve? (black one on side of cylinder). Hard to tell off photo's.

Could have spun cylinder then cables to immersions would have been fine.
Hard pipe to expansion vessel, but that's just me.
Expansion vessel straightened but that's purely aesthetic.
Isolation valve on hot from cylinder. I don't like to see that, especially as you have isolation on cold inlet.
Combination valve higher but that's just purely if it needs replacing at a later date

Plus the good old insulation.

Not a bad installation, but just like my school reports, could do better.

Do you have all the paperwork, building regs notifications etc, and seen the installers g3 qualification.

A little bit of thought and it could of been alot neater support of the expansion vessel really needs attention in my opion, we really should be getting away from doing it that way far better to hard pipe it and use s flow though valve as the guys have stated a few minor errors. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-021737.png
    Screenshot_20220317-021737.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20220317-021807.png
    Screenshot_20220317-021807.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20210318_120551758.jpg
    PXL_20210318_120551758.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Reply to Standard of workmanship in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I right in thinking this is an aav, never seen one looking like this one before but it is on a old megaflo unvented system mk2. The heating...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm...
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock