Discuss Stainless steel towel rail leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsr

Gas Engineer
Hi

My 1 yr old s/s towel rail is already leaking. It's an old fashioned tubular one and the leak is at a joint between a horizontal and vertical section of tube. The leak is not great and I only noticed it because of the residual gunk it leaves behind when the heating is on. So not major but needs sorting. I've been offered a replacement by the manuf'r but I'm loath to drain my system and remove this rad as it is probably going to be a right pain to put the new one in without creating some movement in the pipes which are sealed in by the floor tiles.

So.... does anyone know if there is a suitable sealing product which can be applied from the outside and which won't spoil the look too much???

Thanks in advance.

ps I won't be responding for a while as I'm off line for the next few hours

It should be a stright swap over if it the same make, turn off valves ,drain towel rail, swap over valve stems refit to wall, Or ask if they are going to cover the cost of swaping item over, ask if they have own service dept and get them to do it, the number of times you get faulty goods and they wont pay the labour costs to have them replaced !!

I also agree, just like when you install a bathroom (not supply) and the for example
push button on the cistern sticks, and the customer phones and complains to you
like its your fault. Winds me up! Rant over :)

Stainless Steel rads are not supposed to corrode and your one has only lasted a year. I hope that the installer put anti rust inhibitor in it during installation as a matter of good practice whether Stainless Steel or not.

There are products that you can use to inject into the air vent. Fernox Leak Sealer is a good one, but as it's a manufacturers flaw, I don't see why YOU should have to do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stainless steel towel rail leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing an old towel rail that has started leaking with another old one the same size. The original was made of steel and has rusted...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help. We have a dual fuel towel rail, i.e. connected to the central heating, but with an electric element in one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope someone can help me find a solution to this problem please. I have 3 wet, stainless steel, ladder towel rads fed from pressurised ch/hw...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock