Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Sorry but I may swear.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Orry Clayton

Stupid bloody, #@*$!!! of a van has packed in today.... Think it just the starter motor, but not point it really p...'d me off.

grrrr... stupid vans.

What van you got? When I had trouble with my toyota I used to be able to give it a tap with a hammer and extension bar and it would get me going again, well at least until I could get the contacts sorted :)

But it's always the case that you leave it to bump off and then somebody parks so you can't

Bummer. Someone on here had hired a van at £35 a day. Migh make sense to do that until sorted at least you aren't letting customers down that way. We all know how reasonable customers can be when this sort of thing happens. :90:

I was hoping it was solenoid, but sounds like the actual starter motor.

so its not the battery then?
if its the starter then it will not eject and spin. you will have noticed it failing before?
shold click when ignition lights are turned on, saying that it could just be the relay in the fuse carrier too. had that on my vw a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
gone in for a new starter today, no doubt it will be needing a new clutch soon with it being bumped so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sorry but I may swear.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry for asking a silly question but does anyone know how this seat comes off ? Have had advice from local plumber but even he couldn't see how...
Replies
Views
B
Sorry for stupid question but if you don't know you don't know. Can I turn off the 'bypass radiator" in the hall (has no TRV) as long as I keep...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock