Search the forum,

Discuss Something else i thought i'd try - improvement ideas welcome! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I always like and something I like to do is take the trouble to go and speak to people face to face. Very easy to send out a batch of cv's and letters and most firms receive loads. If you can deliver them by hand, look the part, and introduce yourself. Takes a lot of effort but I am much more likely to give a positive response. It may be that the person you speak to can't help, but they may know someone etc.
Also, don't be afraid to stop and ask if you see a van etc and ALWAYS follow up any cv's you send/hand out. Don't expect anyone to come beating your door down. You don't have to pester people but you can start to build relationships and network.
You sound like a really positive and pro-active guy. With the way things are at the minute it will take some time and effort but if you keep at it I reckon you'll find something.
Every "No" is one person closer the the "Yes" you're looking for.
Good luck, Mate.
icon14.png

Thanks for the advice and encouragement! :)

Where possible i will do all the things you have said. Difficult at the moment as i am still in full time work and i think that im holding back a bit as i feel that only being able to do weekends will put a lot of people off giving me a chance but as you say it will be good for networking. Will be hard work but i'm actually looking forward to it and it excites because i'm going to do everything i possibly can and will be good to see how things develop. Definitely going to do things in person where i can and get myself noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Something else i thought i'd try - improvement ideas welcome! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock