Discuss Soil Pipe nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

:eek::eek: Got to a job today where they have a leaking wc, to find somone in there wisdom has chopped away at the earthenware soil to gound level they have then teeded into the soil pipe with silicon to accomadate a new upstairs ensuite. I then see they have jigsawed so two pan connectors can be siliconed.

I foolishly have made a date to sort this out and now realise I dont know what to do they have cannabilised it all any ideas ladies & gentlemen :confused:

would have to agree with last post,it sounds like a right mess:(

yep renew the lot to join to the earthen ware either use th right fernco rubber or if theyve left the flat part of the collar you can center the plastic to it and join eith a fillet of strong mix sand and cement

I really dont know whether I am up to it to be honest I have come across alot in the nearly two years but this is bad. My worry is that I may make it worse and that a bathroom has been added to the property without any building control approval. I am really tempted to say not for me but it doesnt help the poor soul who has innocently bought this house recently to find a can of worms.

if you do tackle it winston, take a few tubes of silicon just in case. lol.
if you can afford to, stick your chin up smile and walk away is my advice, good luck.

over qoute the job - if you dont get it then you havent lost if you get it then at least youve got the added benefit of knowing your getting paid well.

i would explain whats wrong, take a day to sort it and charge 350 labour....

may involve a bit of digging work, new stack and new branch with pan connector.... my guess without seeing the job 500 quid all in.

id be happy to spend a day sorting it out if he were happy to pay me the 500 notes

Just take it step by step - dismantle everything right down to where itis good and build back up correctly. Treat it as if there was no stack there to begin with (but quote for dismantling).

winston, the only way to move forward is to go for it. whats the worst that can happen. follow above advice rip it out and replace, work out in your head everything that can go wrong and be prepared.
jobs like that are the one's that turn you from a plumber - to a good plumber
tell them it will take you a couple of days, allow for xx ups and enjoy it. you will feel great afterwards !!

incidentally better add, your plan will go to poo, you will get wet, and as its your first time it might not look pretty. you will feel good tho when finished
best of luck.
ring me when your horribly wet !! and need advice

Well I declined the job, I reckon I could do it, but dont have enough experience or the tools to do the job. And I didnt want to inherit any other problems that may become apparent. :(

Well I declined the job, I reckon I could do it, but dont have enough experience or the tools to do the job. And I didnt want to inherit any other problems that may become apparent. :(

Thats a shame winston, If you dont try you dont learn and by the sounds of the job you couldnt have made it any worse, But fully respect your final desicion.

its a shame you didnt get any piccies of the offending soil pipe, might have made it easier to solve the problem

regards
Mike

to be honest winston if you dont have the tools to replace a soile pipe what have you got ? sometimes you have to be adventurous

boooo lol, seriosuly though you could of done it - its only like fitting a new soil pipe use any parts that you can save and qoute for the new....

tools for soil stack??? come on matey ladders, hacksaw, glue, tape and pencil lol... all you should have anyway dont you ?

just didnt like the smell of pooh did ya :cool:

No love the smell of pooh earn good money from it. what I meant by tools where a big grinder to cut into the downstairs floor so I could connect a Y section in.

One say I will have most of the tools but wasnt prepared to do it at the cost of my inexperience to a customer. and I reckon they should have some recourse as have moved in recently.

That how you learn by doing job that ain't easy, Learn by your mistakes and you won't make those mistakes again,

Last edited by a moderator:
No love the smell of pooh earn good money from it. what I meant by tools where a big grinder to cut into the downstairs floor so I could connect a Y section in.

not sure what you mean by y section - but what i normally do if i need something out of the ordinary is hire tool and put it on the job. sure you know this though matey, if you dint like the look of the job then thats up to you though

good luck pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Pipe nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock