Search the forum,

Discuss soaking wet under kitchen sink...help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Theladyplumber

Hi I am hoping that someone may be able to help me, begining of December I did a sink and tap replacement in a kitchen, when I took old sink out I noticed that it was wet on the underside of the sink, and put this down to condensation. Anyway, I fitted new sink and taps and bobs ya uncle job done, well so I thought. Customer rings me a week or so later to say that under his sink is soaking wet, the back of the cupboard doors were drenced, the under part of sink is dripping. I went in dried everything off and then checked the tap connections, sink seal etc...nothing, there is no visible leaks on the new tap and the sink is sealed tight, the waste is all tight and no drips. the only thing I thought it could be was the washing machine waste (connected to trap with jubilee clip) wasnt tight enough, so tightened this all up and left. Just had another call to say that it is soaked under the sink, completely drenched........I have absolutely no idea whats going on, they have a small water filter tap and water filter connected under the sink too (but dont think its that) and next to the sink is the dishwasher,
any advice would be much appreciated, because i really dont know what to do now.

Welcome to the forum lady plumber it's one of this that requires a lot of investigating by the sounds off it ,try having everything run ing at once including the appliances

could be a small hole in the drain hose for the dishwasher spraying out under pressure.

Are you sure the taps are well sealed and the sink is sealed tightly to the worktop?

yep most definately checked the taps and the sink, the taps and tap tails and iso valves are all sound, the sink has been sealed too, its definately not an issue of that side of things,

Good luck , come back let us know how you get on or even better stick around

Could still be your first suspicion - condensation. I've had this problem before with a customer and it turned out that their dryer hose had come out of the wall. This together with the freezing cold main under the sink and the vents on the double glazing never getting opened was the cause. Worth having having a quick scan of the room even if it's just to eliminate another possibility.

Get this all the time, inc my own! Always condensation. Just tell custard to leave plenty of flannels underneath :p

maybe the customer has a strange sexual fetish and urinates under the sink,and gets off watching you dabble in it

Hi I am hoping that someone may be able to help me, begining of December I did a sink and tap replacement in a kitchen, when I took old sink out I noticed that it was wet on the underside of the sink, and put this down to condensation. Anyway, I fitted new sink and taps and bobs ya uncle job done, well so I thought. Customer rings me a week or so later to say that under his sink is soaking wet, the back of the cupboard doors were drenced, the under part of sink is dripping. I went in dried everything off and then checked the tap connections, sink seal etc...nothing, there is no visible leaks on the new tap and the sink is sealed tight, the waste is all tight and no drips. the only thing I thought it could be was the washing machine waste (connected to trap with jubilee clip) wasnt tight enough, so tightened this all up and left. Just had another call to say that it is soaked under the sink, completely drenched........I have absolutely no idea whats going on, they have a small water filter tap and water filter connected under the sink too (but dont think its that) and next to the sink is the dishwasher,
any advice would be much appreciated, because i really dont know what to do now

Think ive seen your van in macclesfield

Customer probably just likes staring at your bum.

take the doors of and see what happens it might be a fine spray from something or it may be condense either way with the doors of you shouldnt get condense and if its spray hopefully someone will spot it

Plug-in fills to overflowing for weird vegetable prep process .

(Some overflows are naff - Kids love Water )

any advice would be much appreciated, because i really dont know what to do now

Think ive seen your van in macclesfield

Me too, Rick.

If the water is all over the cupboard and doors I suspect it is a problem I have have come across in the past. Ask the customer to have the dishwasher going when you next visit. I'll put money on a split hose. In my case the split was so tiny I couldn't see it at all until it sprayed me in the face.

Me too, Rick.

If the water is all over the cupboard and doors I suspect it is a problem I have have come across in the past. Ask the customer to have the dishwasher going when you next visit. I'll put money on a split hose. In my case the split was so tiny I couldn't see it at all until it sprayed me in the face.

Im sure she has a pink shop sign out side the house.to go with her pink van lol

Sounds as if the problem is being caused by water that is under pressure and intermittent, so would go with suggestion from Paulus.

could be a small hole in the drain hose for the dishwasher spraying out under pressure.

take the doors of and see what happens it might be a fine spray from something or it may be condense either way with the doors of you shouldnt get condense and if its spray hopefully someone will spot it

Me too, Rick.

Sounds as if the problem is being caused by water that is under pressure and intermittent, so would go with suggestion from Paulus.
don't think paulus was the first to mention it lol

don't think paulus was the first to mention it lol

I do apologise - well as steveb, stevetheplumber, 850Rick ... and paulus have mentioned ... and anyone else who may have alluded or hinted that it might be the dishwasher hose :)

I must pay more attention to the details of these threads
I must pay m .............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soaking wet under kitchen sink...help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock