Discuss Simple question? Maybe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope is a simple question. The merits, or not, of deciding which is best as isolation valves for a pair of taps, gate valves , stopcocks or 90degree ballvalves, if any?

Full bore ISO valves (the same type that use lever valve internals)

Full bore ball valves with butterfly head or lever if you have the space.

Gone for a pair of these by Peglar.
ae235.jpg

Much more expensive than some alternatives but hopefully will work when needed to.

Most people hate gate valves because most people buy and install rubbish gate valves. Any valve you suggested will work but for how long is down to the quality of the valve its self

My place is littered with gate valves half of which will not budge, well maintained by previous occupants! I always thought gate valves were the solution to any isolation problem but reading previous comments appears to be not so.

My place is littered with gate valves half of which will not budge, well maintained by previous occupants! I always thought gate valves were the solution to any isolation problem but reading previous comments appears to be not so.
They seize, get stuck and eventually snap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Simple question? Maybe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is...
Replies
Views
Need to do a relatively simple job(change washer on tap in kitchen), but the stop tap is seized, any idea if this is an isolation valve which will...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock