Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shower Thermostat Removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there Simon ,i take it the grub screws out then the brass spline does that not slide off, cartridges will either be unscrewable ( top half of cartridge will be threaded) or once you take of the external nut which holds cartridge in place some cartridges simply slide out , others the spline adaptor slides off (can be stiff with grimme ) you may find a large cir clip holding the cartridge,
Is the shower definitely a thermostatic and not just mixer, ? or do you have a replacement cartridge
Welcome to the forum,

Hi Kris

Grub screw is out, silver collar off then a brass threaded collar it looks like there is a further collar / nut around the cartridge but it's so far back I've no idea how to get to it. It looks like there is so little space that even if I could get a deep enough socket to go over the cartridge there would not be enough room for it to go over the 2 flat sides. I'm a little stuck as to what to do next. Any ideas gratefully received.

Unfortunately no I don't have a replacement part yet as I don't know what I need. I was hopping to take the old one in a say I need one of these please....

If I was you I would try to identify the make and model of the shower first and get a new thermostat as I'm 99% sure the staff at bathstore wont have a clue. Try sending a piccy or two to showerdoc, they can also usually advise you on replacement process.

Good Luck.

Hi Simon. The brass spline in the pic does that not slide out. It should do although may be stiff with gimme and that should give you access to the nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Thermostat Removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hey - hope you're well, These two pipes on my boiler have started leaking - not tons of water, but regularly and enough to be an issue. The...
Replies
Views
I am fitting a thermostatic shower control. The flow knob fitting has a threaded section - 27mm OD - and it would be helpful to get a nut to go...
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, I'm trying to remove this shower mixer however, I cannot see any bolts like all the other ones I see online. Please can someone advise...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock