Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump options please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Piperdave22

Gas Engineer
Hi im looking for some advice .
The cylinder is sited about 15metres away from shower which is currently gravity fed there is a 25 gallon (113 litres) cold water storage tank in the loft and a 1800 x 500 cylinder (276 litre) in a bungalow .
the clients want a more powerful shower but are worried about the noise travelling through the bungalow.
the tank is raised atm and has a gravity shower which is working off mains pressure with a pressure reducing valve and a tank fed hot.

what would you suggest to be my best option ?

shower valve has got to be easy to operate lever valve type as bathroom is being future proofed.

You could just pump the hot with a single impeller and adjust mains prv to match it.

Otherwise you will need to put in a bigger cws of at least 50 gallons.

I have done this several times and it works well , I use Stuart turner monsoon pumps.

As for noise, do what you can - put pump on a council paving slab and one of those rubber mats....

Do they also require you to furnish them with an omelette and intact eggs....

Thanks for your reply, are you talking about putting the pump near the shower tapped off the hot or having a hot pump with a dedicated supply from the cylinder down next to the cylinder then pumped 15metres to the shower ?

Can’t really answer that without seeing the job.

Obviously the pump has to be fed correctly with air free water and I would always use a dedicated feed to avoid any starvation/air problems that could be caused by other outlets being used.

Pump position determined by site conditions. But from what you’ve said I expect pump by cylinder and pump the hot to the shower from there is your best bet.

Reply to Shower pump options please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live most of the year on a tiny Caribbean island with no mains water. I collect rain in a 25,000 gallon cistern which is then pumped to the taps. But the house is build against a hill top. My water system is as illustrated below enabling the domestic water and garden irrigation to be served...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by gravity feeds from the immersion (hot water) and a top floor tank (cold water). All the showers are powered by (pressure drop) pumps which are fed by...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock