Currently reading:
SEREL Toilet

Discuss SEREL Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bogsdollox

Could anybody please tell me how to remove the cistern off a Serel toilet.
It is a close coupled setup but the rear of the pan is enclosed with no visible access to the bolts holding the cistern in place or to the water supply.
The problem we are having is:
After flushing, the cistern fills but water still leaks into the bowl. It is not overflowing and running down the internal overflow. It is a push button type flush with a rubber tube from the button onto the top of a float on the side of the syphon. Can this be replaced with a fluidmaster and if so how do I access everything.

Thank you

and I quote.....

Remove the whole toilet from the wall and the bolts that hold the cistern to the pan can be accessed from underneath. You will need to undo the two screws that hold the pan to the floor and if present, the two screws inside the cistern that hold it to the wall. The pan will then slide forward out of the pan connector.

Do you need to remove the cistern ? Most push button flushers can be removed from inside the cistern, the plastic frame stays in place but the working bits usually unclip somehow, it sounds like some muck has got between the seating and the sealing washer.

I'm having the same problems with a SEREL toilet, the phantom flusher, looks like the large rubber seal at the outlet is worn. Did you have the same problem, did you get a new seal, or have to get a complete system ? and if so where ? any help appeciated.Thanks.:confused:l

I am having a look again at this problem today as I did not get round to doing it last time. If I have any joy and am able to get parts I will let you know later on this evening.

No joy i'm afraid, tried all local plumbers outlets without success. Do not even know what make the siphon is. Searched for SEREL on tinternet and emailed asking about spares.

I'm afraid you'll have to replace the flushing unit. I was advised it was an 'ocean' make and spare seals could not be sourced. Remove all floor and wall fixings and the whole unit will then slide forward. The main feed will probably be on a flexi connector to allow the movement. then its just a case of removing the cistern and replacing the flushing unit. I did it last week and once started it wasn't as bad as i thought. just over an hour. Good luck.

I am just fitting a Serel close coupled toilet bought from B & Q.
What a palarver !
First they didn't state that it is rear exit only, so because I like the design I had to cut a waste hole in the bottom of the ceramic.
The dimensions for fitting screw holes for wall hangers are wrong.
They should be 100 and 65 mm
I have bent the brackets to an acceptable shape.
I have filed rough blobs of ceramic off the back of the lugs to make it fit the brackets.
Now I find that the hole in the pan needs to be enlarged to take the L shaped flush connector. I cannot believe that this is an expensive designer toilet.
Maybe I should have bought a lump of clay and shaped it myself!!
I hope to be able to poo by the weekend.

I'm afraid you'll have to replace the flushing unit. I was advised it was an 'ocean' make and spare seals could not be sourced. Remove all floor and wall fixings and the whole unit will then slide forward. The main feed will probably be on a flexi connector to allow the movement. then its just a case of removing the cistern and replacing the flushing unit. I did it last week and once started it wasn't as bad as i thought. just over an hour. Good luck.
Hi Freddy
What Flushing unit did you end up fitting to your SEREL toilet due to spares being unavailable?

Thanks

Hi Freddy
What Flushing unit did you end up fitting to your SEREL toilet due to spares being unavailable?

Thanks
It's a geberit flush unit, I eventually received a replacement cistern...smashed in transit from B& Q, then a second replacement that worked, it just makes a clattering noise sometimes when it's refilling, as if its very fussy about presure????
Anyway whatever you do...dont buy one, it looks very nice but the workings are c--p.

Hi
I have also got this system but the ceramic cistern developed hairline cracks and was leaking for some considerable time, I went to B&Q to get a replacement cistern but they have a problem in getting a repalcement. Do you what the cistern model number is as the replacement they provided has the wrong Centres for the fixing rods and centre connection.
Do you know what the guarentee is on this unit as B&Q made no comment. Can any one help?

Hi
I have also got this system but the ceramic cistern developed hairline cracks and was leaking for some considerable time, I went to B&Q to get a replacement cistern but they have a problem in getting a repalcement. Do you what the cistern model number is as the replacement they provided has the wrong Centres for the fixing rods and centre connection.
Do you know what the guarentee is on this unit as B&Q made no comment. Can any one help?

i dont think they will sell you just a cistern you would have to buy the whole toilet, if they still make them, it might be easier and quicker to get a new stnd toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SEREL Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back