Search the forum,

Discuss self adhesive plastic dust sheets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

hi all i got a job coming up and the customer has nice cream carpets, i usually use dust sheets but half the time they end up getting screwed up
and they become in the way or you lose tools under them. looking at the self adhesive plastic rolls i would want it for the hall way, on the stairs
and the landing at top of stairs. has anyone or does anyone use these? or any other ideas would be helpful thanks.

It's good stuff (expensive). I have a roll that's lasted two years, it only comes out when I'm really up against it. Wouldn't it be so much easier if all carpets were magnetite black.

Haha that is brilliant, spill rads on them to clean them!

Carpet protector and hard surfaces protector save you a load of hassle and protect the customers home and keep you safe from trip hazards. Makes clean up a doddle. We put it over appliances and work surfaces too. If the customer has an animal they end up with a very clean carpet too :smilewinkgrin:

Just remember you'll still have to have something on top of the plastic where you think it's going to get wet. It's good for trv's, cutting a square off the roll and then cutting into it to fit around a pipe and get a good seal onto the pipe and then a towel on top and then change the valve, mop up any overspill and peel off the plastic.

I use this stuff a lot....
Dust Sheet Roll 2m x 50m | NoLinkingToThis

Roll it out to create a walkway through the house, and cut a section off to create a work space inside a room. You can re-use it if you fold it up carefully.

i was using roll and stroll for a bit but ran out now as i left outside on a job alll wet grrr

We occasionally pick up a roll on eBay cheap as someone has over ordered. It is quite dear stuff but the overall savings on time and customer impression are worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to self adhesive plastic dust sheets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I run my own firm and always struggle to find good dust sheets like the British Gas ones. Heavy cotton in a colour other than cream with company logo at a decent price is all I’m after!! So I’ve decided to source and make my own version and just wanted to get a idea if people would be...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock