Search the forum,

Discuss Scale Dispenser. Anyone seen this one? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Anyone have any idea where you can order cartridges for this scale dispenser?

Jackson Scale Dispenser GB Reg 845496 See attached pics.

Can't find any reference to it anywhere.

Thanks

Attachments

• scaledispenser.png
    1,014 KB · Views: 20
Says examine after 6 months, would this be it's first ever change / examine ???
It would be interesting to see the cartridge.
But I also suspect it'll be a case of removing and replace or eliminate the whole thing.

Says examine after 6 months, would this be it's first ever change / examine ???
It would be interesting to see the cartridge.
But I also suspect it'll be a case of removing and replace or eliminate the whole thing.
I fear you may be right. But one can live in hope. First in 10 years she thinks. Totally unaware of the maintenance requirement. No water getting to the bathroom taps with a full tank. I was hoping for an empty tank and a stuck ball cock. Not the usual way round I know but it wasn't the case. I have two suspects. The gate valve, which won't move in either drection, and this. Elderly lady living alone. Been without hot water for 2 years. Got to get it sorted one way or another.

Looking at the start of the number for the patent, 5270** that dates back to the 1930's.
Presumably the unit isn't that old, possibly 1950's.
I've tried searching, hence the patent number info, but nothing shows like you said.

Looking at the start of the number for the patent, 5270** that dates back to the 1930's.
Presumably the unit isn't that old, possibly 1950's.
I've tried searching, hence the patent number info, but nothing shows like you said.
Looks like it's going to have to be a delete. While we are at it what's the verdict on bung vs drain the tank? Any thoughts?

Draining the tank might be a problem if she has had no hot water for two years. Any water coming out of the hot tap? If she has a bath shower mixer you could drain the tank through the cold? I worked on a job the other day. Someone had not taken out the old gate valve and fitted a new one below it. Which was not stopping the hot. I drained the tank. Took out both valves. The old one was only open 5mm max. No wonder the flow wasn't very good.

Draining the tank might be a problem if she has had no hot water for two years. Any water coming out of the hot tap? If she has a bath shower mixer you could drain the tank through the cold? I worked on a job the other day. Someone had not taken out the old gate valve and fitted a new one below it. Which was not stopping the hot. I drained the tank. Took out both valves. The old one was only open 5mm max. No wonder the flow wasn't very good.
Nothing coming out of both bath taps in the bathroom. There is a trickle coming from the basin taps. I can push a snake down to the gate so there's no obstruction that far. I'm going to replace the gate first. The scale dispenser I'll probably just remove the cartridge for now and convince her to let me replace it later or just delete it. It's going to be a garden hose drain job. I was thinking of a bung but that seems risky to me. But once I can rely on the gate to isolate the tank I can continue with the rest.

Reply to Scale Dispenser. Anyone seen this one? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock