Discuss Room Thermostat placement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyj2519

THe hall is warmer than the landing. We have an open staircase. Why not place the stat on the landing?:rolleyes:

The “Living” space is connected to the hall (usually) and not the Landing so the ability to adjust the temperature is located in the Living Space.

Thanks for you help. I have monitored temp up and down stairs, constant differential of 3degsC. up staiars would save on hassle of wiring to control.
Cheers andyj

Andy

If its your house you can put the stat were ever you like. Make sure the radiator in the room with the stat does not have a TRV (or turn it up to full).

This is my 1st post so please forgive me if the answer to this is obvious, I'm not a heating engineer.

My living room thermostat is located 1.5m away from a radiator on a perpandicular wall. Do you think this is too close and will be effected by the radiant heat from the radiator and switch off the heating before the rest of room gets warm? My living room is approx 6m x 6m with open stairs leading up to 1st floor. There is also another radiator on another wall at the bottom of the stairs.

The wife and daughter always moan about the cold ! (is this normal!:))

This is my 1st post so please forgive me if the answer to this is obvious, I'm not a heating engineer.

My living room thermostat is located 1.5m away from a radiator on a perpandicular wall. Do you think this is too close and will be effected by the radiant heat from the radiator and switch off the heating before the rest of room gets warm? My living room is approx 6m x 6m with open stairs leading up to 1st floor. There is also another radiator on another wall at the bottom of the stairs.

yes the female is ALWAYS cold :D

Anybody got any advice? would I get more even heat distribution in the room by moving the stat further away from the radiator? :)

Why not fit a radio controlled stat. The unit is remote and portable, and you can place it anywhere in any room of the house.

Hi,

I already have replacement stat. It was when I decided to replace it that I started to think, Is the current one in the best position? It's not a big job to move the curent one. :)

turn the thing up a notch then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room Thermostat placement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back