Search the forum,

Discuss Roof racks and pipe tubes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattWeth

Just bought a Caddy and I'm going to need a rack and pipe tube for it.

Anyone know any decent websites that sell this sort of thing? (at not too scary prices :D )

Just a wee tip I got from on here. To store all the cuttings of varying lengths that will get lost in the pipe rack, fit a section of gutter inside your van and store them in there. Cuttings get lost in pipe racks.

Rhino seem to be the favourite pipe racks, though I made my own out of 6" plastic pipe and two screw on end caps.

have you checked ebay yet?

I never even thought of ebay - just had a look and found something that looks just the job.

Just a wee tip I got from on here. To store all the cuttings of varying lengths that will get lost in the pipe rack, fit a section of gutter inside your van and store them in there. Cuttings get lost in pipe racks.

Good idea - thanks.

if buying second hand please ensure as best you can that it actually did belong to the seller, not suggesting you buy hookey gear, but this is the type of thing that gets kidnapped off one van and sold on very easily. If legitimate then it shouldnt be too hard to suss out, i mean how many wee ned/jumkies have ever needed to buy a pipe tube in the first place?

Take your point Kirk but 'll be buying new (and welding the bolt heads when I fit it ;) )

I went for a rack, but now wish I had gone for roof bars, so it would be easily removed when not in use, i get close to 100 fewer miles to the tank now :(

Last edited:
Fair enough, I get my pipe in the van, only really use the rack for ladders and the like.

edit to add:

I used these people for to get mine, and had no problems VW Caddy Van Accessories Roof Racks Racking Shelving Security Equipment

Thanks Roger. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to get 3m pipes into my caddy (having said that, it might be possible to to do something creative with the bulkhead - I'll have to have a look when I get it). Do you drive a caddy?

i have got rhino mega bars and pipe boxes. very good quality.

Thanks AW

Thanks Roger. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to get 3m pipes into my caddy (having said that, it might be possible to to do something creative with the bulkhead - I'll have to have a look when I get it). Do you drive a caddy?

Thanks AW

I have a caddy and cut a 6" hole in the bulk head and 3 meter lengths fit no problem.
I have the genuine vw roof bars for ladders etc.

I have a caddy and cut a 6" hole in the bulk head and 3 meter lengths fit no problem.
I have the genuine vw roof bars for ladders etc.

Thanks quality - that's very interesting to hear.

Where did you cut the hole?

About 14" from the floor , just right of the step in the bulkhead

About 14" from the floor , just right of the step in the bulkhead

Great - thanks.
I'll have a look when I pick the van up next week.

Quite looking forward to kitting it out and 'making it mine'

cheers
Matt

Ps I got got my roof bars of eBay half the price of what vw wanted I only paid £120 and they the genuine vw ones

W

I had a caddy when i first started, (the old style one) and cut the bulkhead away under the passenger seat for pipe to pass through.

Rhino is good but i would shop around to compare prices and quailty! Cutting the bulkhead away under the passenger seat is a good idea as suggested above. Also if you want racking inside you can get better price with all included.

its not possible to go under the passenger seat on the current caddy thats why I went through the bulkhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Roof racks and pipe tubes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock