Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss replace wc that connects to clay pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gravytrain

hi

i need to replace a wc that has one of those cement/fixed connections to a clay soil pipe in the floor. the sort where the wc itself connects straight into the floor ie there's no pan connector. never done one before, can someone give me an idea of how to do it. also any problems i need to be aware of.

many thanks

rob

Kneel at pan. With protective gloves and protective goggles on. Take lump hammer and gently (ish) tap the pan outlet 3" above where it enters drain. (Try and be careful not to hit to hard causing pan bits to fall down drain). Once broken all the way around drain you can remove the pan from floor. You will be left with very sharp shards of pan in outlet. Now still with protective equipment still on and long sleeved sweater, feed your left hand (if your right handed) down into drain just past the bottom of the sharp pan bits. Now with your other hand and lump hammer, gently tap the shards inwards, supporting and catching each bit before it falls down drain.
Very daunting doing it for the first time, but over the years ive done hundreds and never had a problem. Good Luck.

Kneel at pan. With protective gloves and protective goggles on. Take lump hammer and gently (ish) tap the pan outlet 3" above where it enters drain. (Try and be careful not to hit to hard causing pan bits to fall down drain). Once broken all the way around drain you can remove the pan from floor. You will be left with very sharp shards of pan in outlet. Now still with protective equipment still on and long sleeved sweater, feed your left hand (if your right handed) down into drain just past the bottom of the sharp pan bits. Now with your other hand and lump hammer, gently tap the shards inwards, supporting and catching each bit before it falls down drain.
Very daunting doing it for the first time, but over the years ive done hundreds and never had a problem. Good Luck.
i love the arm down the drain bit but hey if it works for you i always put some newspaper down to catch any bits
once the pan is out the chances are the collar will break but dont worry i assume its a p trap pan goig back in ?
if a pan con will go in the drain happy days if not take the rubber seal of the pan con slide it into the drain and form a strong cement mix fillet around that

i love the arm down the drain bit but hey if it works for you i always put some newspaper down to catch any bits
once the pan is out the chances are the collar will break but dont worry i assume its a p trap pan goig back in ?
if a pan con will go in the drain happy days if not take the rubber seal of the pan con slide it into the drain and form a strong cement mix fillet around that
yep, or use your rubble sack down the drain. Keep the newspaper in case you finish early.

And when the pipe breaks below the floor call me and I will install a fibre glass spot line
for you to make a watertight connection.

many many thanks for this very practical and helpful advice. your help is much appreciated.

rob
icon7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replace wc that connects to clay pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock